Brazilian Butt Lift: NYC Area? (photo)

I am 5'7 138 pounds. I'm not sure if I would be a good candidate for the BBL due to limited fat on sides and back. Is it normal practice to remove fat from the breast area? I would like to get at least 600cc in each check.

Finding a BBL doctor in NYC

+3

You certainly look skinny, but this does not necessarily prevent you from getting an excellent BBL result. Those of us who specialize in this procedrue and do 4 or more per week, have become extremely good at finding thos hidden areas of fat. I often am surprised at how much fat I am able to get, even in my skinniest patients. Without an in person evaluation, it is impossible to say for sure if you are a good candidate and if you have enough fat to get the result that you want. Make sure to find a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in this procedure.

Brazilian Butt Lift Candidate?

+1

It is not normal to remove fat from the breasts to transfer to the butt.  If you do this you run the risk of transferring breast cells to the buttocks which would could be a breast cancer risk in the future.  In your case, you don't have a ton of fat to give but I do think that a Brazilian Butt Lift could be performed.  If you want a very large butt post-operatively, implants may be a better choice given how skinny you are.

Sacha Obaid, MD

5'7" 138 lbs and Good Candidate for Brazilian Buttlift

+1

Even though you may appear thin, there is usually quite a bit of fat that can be removed and 600 cc per buttock is a small request.  Make sure you find a board certified plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlift procedures each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Brazilian Butt Lift, candidate

+1

Conservatively thinking roughly one third of the liposuction aspirate can be used for transfer.  It is important to have realistic expectations as the ideal image that patients have in mind is rarely obtainable.

I would never sacrifice the shape or size of an attractive breast to make a butt.

Please consult in person with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making treatment decisions.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

BBL Brazilian Butt Lift in New York

+1

You actually appear to be a great candidate for the BBL procedure. Although you only have lateral photographs here there appears to be plenty of excellent fat available for transfer. The best results are in patients like your self, with some fat deposits who will benefit from liposculpting and then the additional benefit of enhancement of the buttock with the fat transfer. My website actually has photographs of patients who are considered thin who have had the BBL with excellent long term augmentation and permanent enhancement. With the techniques that I use, the fat grafts have excellent longevity in my hands when they are harvested from patients who are normal or slightly above normal weight

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Brazilian Butt Lift in NYC area?

+1

Looking at your photos it is difficult to tell whether you have sufficient fat to have the kind of volume transferred that you are seeking. There are multiple donor sites that can be used, all of which have to be examined. The breasts cannot be used as a fat donor site because of the small chance of developing breast cancer which you don't want disseminated. I would suggest that seek consultation with a Board Certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience with the Brazilian Butt Lift procedure. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Brazilian Butt lift and fat volume

+1

From your photo, it appears you would be a good candidate for buttock augmentation.  You are correct that one option would be a Brazilian Butt Lift, in which your own fat is liposuctioned for another area and then processed by centrifuge or filtering and this processed fat is  then is injected into the buttock.  I am just not certain if you will have enough fat to donate from other areas to result in 1,200 cc of processed fat total.  I have performed Brazilian Butt Lifts on thin patients and have transferred as little as 400 cc total and patients were still pleased with the result.  If you are not interested in a more moderate amount of augmentation, another option would be a silastic buttock implant.  However this is a more involved and expensive procedure and carries a higher risk of infection and/or implant displacement.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon