How Long to Wait for Brazilian Butt Lift Revision?

I Had a Brazilian Butt Lift 4 Months Ago. How Long Do I Have to Wait Before I Can Have Another Brazilian Butt Lift Done Again?

+1
Thank you for your question .
There is no exact time for this procedure but i recommend at least 6 months, and what you should do while waiting is gain the weight needed to have the results you are looking. 

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Brazilian Butt Lift Revision

+1

While there is no scientifically determined time you must wait before having a Brazilian Butt Lift revision, it is recommended you wait at least 6 months - 12 months before undergoing a Brazilian Butt Lift revision.

We know that only about 60-70% of fat transferred to the buttocks will survive long term, and it will take at least 3-6 months before the amount of surviving fat has stabilized

Additionally, it will take at least 6-12 months before the swelling and inflammation associated with the liposuction necessary to obtain the fat for transfer has resolved.  

Thus, I recommend that you wait at least 6-12 months before undergoing a revision Brazilian Butt Lift.  This will allow sufficient time for your actual postoperative result to be evaluated and for repeat liposuction to be performed safely.  Undergoing a revision Brazilian Butt Lift before 6-12 months will likely increase your risk of complications and increase the likelihood of your continued dissatisfaction. 

I know it will be difficult to wait this amount of time if you are unhappy with your current results, however, doing so will increase your chances of future satisfaction.  I wish you the best.

Jaime Perez, M.D.

Brazilian Butt Lift Specialist

Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa, Florida

Jaime Perez, MD

When can you repeat The Brazilian Butt LIft?

+1

There really is no period of time that you must wait. If you see some increase in size of your buttocks after the first procedure, then I usually suggest that patients wait about 6 months before they have it repeated to allow for the swelling to be gone so we can see where you need more volume as well as to be sure we don't damage the existing fat cells that are still in the healing process.
If you think that all of your transplanted fat has been reabsorbed then you can have the procedure repeated at any time as long as you still have more fat to be removed from other parts of your body.
Good luck

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Revision after Brazilian butt lift?

+1

I'm not sure what are your concerns. Did you loose volume, are you uneven or something else is going on? If you want further increase in volume you can have further fat grafting about 6 months from your previous procedure assuming you still have donor areas to collect fat. If you are unhappy with your results, then you need to see your surgeon to discuss your issues or seek a second opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon. Brazilian butt lifts are very popular procedures and as is true with many things in the US, a lot of people jump on the band wagon weather they have the training and skills or not to do the procedure.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon