Will I Lose Fat from Brazilian Butt Lift if I Do Butt Workouts?

I got a Brazilian butt lift done. I was wondering if I lose a little weight or do butt workouts, will I lose the fat that was injected into my butt?

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

How can weight loss effect a Brazilian Butt lift?

+2

A Brazilian butt lift is a safe and effective procedure that combines liposuction of the abdomen hips waist and back and then fat grafting to the gluteal region. This is a safe and effective way to contour the lower body.

After a successful Brazilian Butt lift, the fat that remains is yours to keep. This fat will behave like fat from the rest of your body. If you lose a large amount of weight, some of the fat in this area will also shrink. If you perform a great deal of butt workouts, you will tone muscles deep to the fat in your butt will not change the fat itself. 

How does exercise affect Brazilian Butt Lift results?

+8

I generally recommend that my patients allow 6 weeks recovery after Brazilian Butt Lift before they resume or start a workout regimen.  I do not anticipate that exercises that strengthen the gluteal (butt) muscles will diminish results at all.  Overall fat loss from a lot of cardio or from weight loss, will reduce the grafted buttocks, but this is proportional.  I am asked this question frequently so I like to stress that working out and weight loss after BBL will not cause the grafted fat to shrink any faster than the fat on other parts of the body.

Brazilian Butt Lift result will be affected by weight loss but proportionally with the rest of you

+5

Hi there-

Building the musculature of your buttock area should not, by itself, cause you to lose the volume gained through your Brazilian Butt Lift procedure.

Because the tissue used to augment the buttocks was after all fatty tissue, however, you probably will lose volume if this exercise results in weight loss and diminishment of fatty tissue throughout your body- in other words the fat in your bottom is going to respond to weight gain and loss just as the fat in other parts of your body.

I hope that helps you- congratulations on your new fuller bottom!

Brazilian Butt Fat Burning Workout?

+3

I would not recommend doing any strenuous workouts of your butt for at least the first 3 months to allow the fat cells to be pretty securely healed. And, even then, I would start off slowly and build up to your max routine.

After that, building up your muscle may increase your buttocks size. If you loose weight due to your workout or burn fat as you build muscle, your fat cells here and elsewhere in your body will shrink. So, keep an eye on things as you progress.

Gluteal exercises after Brazilian Butt lift

+2

It is okay to resume exercises that strengthen the gluteal muscles after you have completely healed from surgery.  These exercises should enhance your results.  Weight loss, will result is decreased fat throughout your body, so even your buttock will get smaller, but it should be proportionate to your body.

Weight loss after Buttock Lift (Fat Grafting)

+2

Your concern is a very common one among patients that are interested in the Brazilian butt lift procedure which involves liposuction of various areas of the body to remove unwanted fat and contour the body and injecting this fat into the buttocks to give improved shape and fullness creating a significant change to body contours in general.  This is a safe procedure when performed by an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  This procedure is certainly much preferable to buttock implants (high complication rate) and non-FDA approved synthetic buttock injections, which is unfortunately commonly performed in South Florida, (often in people's houses or garages - literally)  The injections of synthetics can have permanent and irreversible negative side effects.  Ok, back to the question at hand,  patients that maintain themselves postoperatively including improving their buttock muscle strength and size will improve their overall result.  Significant weight loss after surgery to reduce the size of the fat cells throughout the body and in the buttocks.  Of course, if a patient needs to lose significant weight after this type of surgery, they may not have been the ideal candidate to begin with.

Web reference: http://www.drsimonplasticsurgery.com

Butt workouts after Brazilian Butt Lift procedure

+2

You will not lose your fat, your fat cells will just become smaller. If you gain weight, those fat cells will enlarge. Working out is important part of keeping a healthy lifestyle. Just be sure to not work out that area until 6 weeks after your procedure.

Weight loss and exercise

+2

Where we lose weight is genetically determined. You cannot lose weight by spot area exercise (that is exercising your butt will not make you lose in your butt). Also, exercising your abdomen will not make you loose in your stomach. We lose weight all over more in certain areas depending on our predetermined genetic make up.

If you loose 10-15 lbs it will not affect your butt enhancement beyond that it might.

Brazilian Butt lift and weight loss

+2

As long as your weight gain is less than 10% of your ideal body weight, it is unlikely that you will see any significant change in the volume of your butt lift.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/brazilian-butt-lift.html

Weight loss after a Brazilian buttock lift

+1

If you lose weight after a fat transfer to the buttock, you will lose weight all over your body- including your buttock. You will also lose weight in your arms, legs, abdomen, back, etc. The weight loss will be proportionate. The nice shape you have after your surgery will be maintained.

Dr.Bruno