Will I Lose Fat from Brazilian Butt Lift if I Do Butt Workouts?

I got a Brazilian butt lift done. I was wondering if I lose a little weight or do butt workouts, will I lose the fat that was injected into my butt?

How does exercise affect Brazilian Butt Lift results?

+8

I generally recommend that my patients allow 6 weeks recovery after Brazilian Butt Lift before they resume or start a workout regimen.  I do not anticipate that exercises that strengthen the gluteal (butt) muscles will diminish results at all.  Overall fat loss from a lot of cardio or from weight loss, will reduce the grafted buttocks, but this is proportional.  I am asked this question frequently so I like to stress that working out and weight loss after BBL will not cause the grafted fat to shrink any faster than the fat on other parts of the body.

Brazilian Butt Lift result will be affected by weight loss but proportionally with the rest of you

+5

Hi there-

Building the musculature of your buttock area should not, by itself, cause you to lose the volume gained through your Brazilian Butt Lift procedure.

Because the tissue used to augment the buttocks was after all fatty tissue, however, you probably will lose volume if this exercise results in weight loss and diminishment of fatty tissue throughout your body- in other words the fat in your bottom is going to respond to weight gain and loss just as the fat in other parts of your body.

I hope that helps you- congratulations on your new fuller bottom!

Armando Soto, MD

Brazilian Butt Fat Burning Workout?

+3

I would not recommend doing any strenuous workouts of your butt for at least the first 3 months to allow the fat cells to be pretty securely healed. And, even then, I would start off slowly and build up to your max routine.

After that, building up your muscle may increase your buttocks size. If you loose weight due to your workout or burn fat as you build muscle, your fat cells here and elsewhere in your body will shrink. So, keep an eye on things as you progress.

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Gluteal exercises after Brazilian Butt lift

+2

It is okay to resume exercises that strengthen the gluteal muscles after you have completely healed from surgery.  These exercises should enhance your results.  Weight loss, will result is decreased fat throughout your body, so even your buttock will get smaller, but it should be proportionate to your body.

Dennis Dass, MD

Weight loss after Buttock Lift (Fat Grafting)

+2

Your concern is a very common one among patients that are interested in the Brazilian butt lift procedure which involves liposuction of various areas of the body to remove unwanted fat and contour the body and injecting this fat into the buttocks to give improved shape and fullness creating a significant change to body contours in general.  This is a safe procedure when performed by an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  This procedure is certainly much preferable to buttock implants (high complication rate) and non-FDA approved synthetic buttock injections, which is unfortunately commonly performed in South Florida, (often in people's houses or garages - literally)  The injections of synthetics can have permanent and irreversible negative side effects.  Ok, back to the question at hand,  patients that maintain themselves postoperatively including improving their buttock muscle strength and size will improve their overall result.  Significant weight loss after surgery to reduce the size of the fat cells throughout the body and in the buttocks.  Of course, if a patient needs to lose significant weight after this type of surgery, they may not have been the ideal candidate to begin with.

Sean A. Simon, MD

Butt workouts after Brazilian Butt Lift procedure

+2

You will not lose your fat, your fat cells will just become smaller. If you gain weight, those fat cells will enlarge. Working out is important part of keeping a healthy lifestyle. Just be sure to not work out that area until 6 weeks after your procedure.

Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS

Weight loss and exercise

+2

Where we lose weight is genetically determined. You cannot lose weight by spot area exercise (that is exercising your butt will not make you lose in your butt). Also, exercising your abdomen will not make you loose in your stomach. We lose weight all over more in certain areas depending on our predetermined genetic make up.

If you loose 10-15 lbs it will not affect your butt enhancement beyond that it might.

Brazilian Butt lift and weight loss

+2

As long as your weight gain is less than 10% of your ideal body weight, it is unlikely that you will see any significant change in the volume of your butt lift.

+1
Thank you for your question .
You fat that will be left after your 6 moths of procedure will be your final results and you will not loose anymore fat after that point. 
Please put your front, side pictures. These pictures are easier to see if they are taking by someone else not close to the camera of the area you are interested only to give you a better answer. The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy.

The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy.

Mel T. Ortega, MD