Brazilian Butt Lift Versus Gluteal Implants? Which Lasts Longer

My midsection is my problem area whether I loose weight or not; I will still have a larger upper portion as compared to my lower half.I'm wanting to enhance my derrier as well as adding more width to my hips. I'm seriously considering some type of buttock agumentation, but I'm torn between the Brazilian Butt Lift or implants. I have been told that the BBL doesn't have a lasting effect vs implants, and would like to know which one would benefit me.

Both can potentially last forever!

+2

There are many differences between The Brazilian Butt Lift and Butt Implants. But, one thing that they have in common is that the results from both can last forever. The problem is that Butt implants frequently get infected (20-30%) and therefore need to be removed, and that if the Brazilian Butt Lift technique that is used is not effective, the fat may not survive. But, when it is done right, whatever fat survives should be there forever. I have seen patients of mine 8-10 years after having the Brazilian Butt Lift and they look as good then as they did at 3 months after the procedure. I believe the results can last forever. I have never had a single patient lose all of their fat. I would also strongly recommend the Brazilian Butt Lift over Butt Implants for many reasons; it feels 100% natural, implants don't, It looks natural, implants don't always look natural, and with the Brazilian Butt Lift, you get the advantage of liposuction at the same time.

Brazilian Butt lift versus implants for buttock enlargement, augmentation, enhancement

+1

The Brazilian butt lift offers the advantage of contouring the donor site as well as enhancing the recipient site. Unfortunately, it also entails the difficulty of predicting graft take and achieving a quantifiable result. Implants offer a definitive, quantifiable correction but less options for contouring and the complications of infection, malposition, erosion, exposure extrusion. etc. Although the Brazilian Butt lift is not without risk, it is generally preferred when for good candidates. Please be aware that liposuction alone may not improve your abdominal contours which may be associated with poor skeletal contours, intrabdominal fat collections, poor skin tone.

Brazilian Butt Lift Results are Long Lasting and Natural

+1

Hi there-

When performed by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with a lot of experience doing the procedure, the results of a Brazilian Butt Lift should be long lasting/permanent, and so for good candidates this would represent a better option than implants, which do not feel or look as natural and will need to be replaced from time to time.

There are a few caveats, however:

1. It is very important that you choose a surgeon with a lot of experience doing this procedure
  2. It is equally important that your goals and expectations for the outcome of the procedure are reasonable and healthy. Of the 2 (out of a much larger number) patients I have done this on who have not been completely satisfied (and have both posted on this site), the source of their dissatisfaction was an unrealistic expectation of what could be done- despite my best efforts to help them understand what was reasonable and their preoperative agreement that they did.
  3. With this procedure (more than others), it is very important that you follow your surgeon's instructions very carefully- again using the 2 patients above as an example, I can tell you that although she had been instructed to not sit for 4 weeks after surgery, she was seen sitting at restaurants by my staff and actually sat in my waiting room at each visit over those first few weeks- despite our repeated admonitions to not do so...

In other words, choose your surgeon well, have reasonable expectations, and follow your postoperative instructions carefully for the best outcome. If you do so, you should enjoy a great Brazilian Butt Lift outcome.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Implants or Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

The best way to determine which procedure is best for you would be to schedule a consult with board certified plastic surgeon.  Both procedures can be long lasting.  Fat augmentation can be long lasting if your weight remains stable.  Implants never change but the tissue surrounding the implant can change through fluctuating weight.  

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Buttock enhancement

+1

If you have enough fat, then Brazilian Butt Lift is your BEST alternative. If there is enough fat some of that fat can be transfered to the HIPS.

Brazilian Butt enhancement is superior , it looks and feels more NATURAL.

Implants are hard in feel, and will require maintanance i.e. surgery in the future.

Liposuction of certain aread can reshape your body and give you CURVES along with the Brazilian Butt enhancement.

Other options is Dermis Fat Graft taken from Abdominoplasty for Buttock enhancement and fat transfer to the Hips.