I'm Getting a Brazilian Butt Lift; Should I Get Less Lipo Areas or More? How Will This Effect my Recovery?

After a consult and quoting I have decided it's either best to go all the way (3 extra lipo areas-- upper back, inner thighs, and arms) or just the minimum (abdomen and flanks) instead of picking and choosing because it doesn't seem to have a very significant effect on the higher price. But now I'm wondering about recovery. How much more difficult could it be to recover with more lipo areas? How much should this factor affect my decision? Why? & Is this amount of lipo areas common?

Liposuction question

+2

question about amount of lipo areas to be performed with a BBL (Brazilian Buttock Lift)

After a consultation with a Plastic Surgeon, Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, you should feel comfortable that the procedure you are choosing is the best one to give you the best result possible.  If your surgeon feels that addressing these various areas (back, abdomen, flanks, and thighs) to harvest fat with liposuction combined with the transfer of this fat via fat grafting to the buttocks, will give you a superior result to lipo of the abdomen and flanks alone, and this can be performed in a timely and safe fashion, then this treatment is certainly appropriate and likely optimal.  With regards to recovery, more surgery will lead to more recovery, however adding a couple of areas to a liposuction procedure will not have a major affect on the total amount of recovery time needed and therefore should not necessarily be the most important factor in making this decision.

good luck

Web reference: http://drsimonplasticsurgery.com/procedures/liposculpture/

Brazilian Buttock lift

+2

When considering Brazilian Butt Lift, and the amount of liposuction, that will depend on how much fat can be harvested from two areas, and is it enough to gve you the result you want, if not then you need to lipo more areas to get the right amount of fat.

If there is enough fat to acheive your results from lipo of the abdomen and flanks, then doing the back and the thighs and arms will be the icing on the cacke , that is to sculpt your body.

In brazilian butt lift the liposuction around the buttock and lower back and flanks are what shapes you buttock. However too much fat in the back may interfer with the look of the buttock that depend on your body shape.

Factors affecting recovery from liposuction

+1

With regard to recovery, it is a basic tenet of any surgical procedure that the more you have done, the longer the recovery. With respect to liposuction, it depends on the overall surface area and the amount of fat that is removed and the type of liposuction you are having done (SmartLipo, VASER, etc.). Functionally, most patients require 1 or 2 weeks recovery depending on type of work, age, physical condition, etc.

More to the point, however, it sounds like you have a lot of questions even after your consultation. I would suggest contacting the office and either arranging for a second consultation, or discussing your concerns with the staff or doctor over the phone.

Best Regards,

Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon