Would Brazilian Butt Lift Help Fix my Hips? (photo)

I am a 20 year old female and I’m considering a Brazilian butt lift, but I’m not sure if it will fix my concerns.

My buttocks are fine, perky and full. I wouldn't mind them being a little bigger. I just have no hips and I feel as though it throws my whole silhouette off. (I also feel like I may be asymmetrical)

My measurements are 34-26-34. I would love for my measurements to be 34-24-37. Any suggestions? Would a Brazilian butt lift fix my hipless problem or should I consider another procedure?

Fat transfer to the hips

You have the common lateral depression on your hips that is very common in some patients. This lateral depression (side depression) can be fixed with fat injection. As a matter of fact, fat injection during a Brazilian butt lift is not only injected into the buttocks but also on the hips. This will create a nice blend of the hips and butt resulting in nicer and fuller buttocks. I routinely inject fat on the hips during a Brazilian butt lift. This procedure can be tailored to the needs of the patient by a skillful surgeon.

50 Briar Hollow Lane
Houston, TX 77027

I'm sure about it!

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that your hips and buttocks are both fine. Yes, you may have some asymmetry, but asymmetry is very natural and probably 100% of us have asymmetries in our faces and bodies. You should save your money and don't forget that surgery is not only costly, it carries risks to your health. Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD, FACS

114 E. 71st Street
New York, NY 10021

Fat grafting to hips

Thank you for including you photo.  I think you would get a grest result with liposuction of the love handles and fat grafting to the hips.  This would address both your waist and hips!

Andrew Jimerson, MD

6620 McGinnis Ferry Road
Duluth, GA 30097

I Recommend a Denver Buttock Lift

There are many good answers by other surgeons to your question, so I will focus my answer specifically on your concerns and the photo that you submitted (which is very helpful).

In my Denver area practice, I believe that the combination of liposuction and fat transfer to the buttocks can provide powerful tools for improving the buttock aesthetics.

I agree that the buttocks are "fine, perky and full," and can see some asymmetry with a somewhat imbalanced shape on the right.

Here are some possible options I would consider:

--Use liposuction to sculpt the small of the back and the upper hips (this significantly impacts the aesthetics of the buttock appearance)

--Contour the right lower hip and upper thigh area with both liposuction and fat transfer (to a shape more like the left)

--Consider rounding off the inner aspect of the buttock crease area with a small amount of liposuction

--Use fat transfer to the buttock for volume and shape enhancement

--Consider liposuction to the lateral thighs at their lower aspect

My friend Dr. Constantino Mendieta in Miami has done great work in helping to define the buttock aesthetics and to share his insights with other surgeons. His website has a lot of information on this topic.

Hope this helps

Nick Slenkovich, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

761 SouthPark Drive
Littleton, CO 80120

You need fat transferred to hips

This is a cultural and personal taste.

The answer is you can have the fat transferred to the indented hips. You do have good buttocks, but need a little at the hips to round the area.

You have fat above the buttock, and the abdomen may also be a fat source for filling the hips.

10 East 31 Street
Baltimore, MD 21218

You may be happy with Liposuction of the hips alone

By looking at your photo and reading your comments, it seems that your buttocks are full enough and firm enough. The fullness in your hips, though, is giving you more of a square shape in that area and detracting from your curves. By removing the excess fat from the hips with liposuction, your waistline with be enhanced and the transition to your buttocks will be more dramatic. You may use this fat to correct lack of fullness if there is some asymmetry in the buttock area but I think a conservative approach may be best for you. I wish you the best of luck!

Thomas T. Nguyen, MD

11190 Warner Ave.
Fountain Valley, CA 92708

Hi there-

I agree with my colleague-

The Brazilian Butt Lift term describes a technique in which fat is liposuctioned from one area of relative excess and transferred to an area where more fulness is desired. In the case of the BBL, this is usually from the abdomen/hips/thighs to the buttock area, but the same technique can be used for other areas as well, as in the case of transferring to your hips.

It is important that you find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with experience doing this, but the procedure should be possible given your apparently excellent skin tone.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

7009 Dr. Phillips Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32819

Brazilian Butt Lift Techniques to Fix Hips

Thanks for the question unsureaboutit -

You are correct that the same concept of fat transfer to your buttocks can be used to improve your hip contour.

In my San Francisco area practice we routinely analyze and discuss the hips as a part of the Brazilian Buttock Lift. Fat transfer and selected liposuction can be a fantastic way to emphasize your curves. We also use these techniques for scar contour correction.

Based on your picture it does seem like you have some asymmetry - in that the right hip seems not quite as full.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon with experience with this procedure.

Steven H. Williams, MD

4000 Dublin Blvd
Dublin, CA 94568