BBL vs. Implants - Will a Brazilian Butt Lift REALLY Give Me Big Results?

I am 5'3" 175 lbs. and plan to lose about thirty-forty pounds before surgery. I want to make sure I will get dramatic enough results I want my butt to be very noticeably larger. Would implants be better for this result because I do want it to be very big?

Brazilian butt lift results

+2

Like any procedure in plastic surgery, it is all about proportion. One thing that most of my patients do not realize is that the Brazilian butt lift is a total body sculpting procedure. It is not only about creating more natural, pleasant and aesthetics buttocks but also defining your natural curves. Liposuction will improve your hip to waist ratio and a liposuction of your lower back will accentuate the take off of the butt, thus  giving the perception of a larger buttock.

Not everybody can have a Kim Kardashian or a J-Lo butt. There are many factors involved; for example, your pelvic and bony structure. The height and width of your gluteus muscle. In addition, it is very important the amount of gluteus projection prior to the procedure as well as the tone of your skin, etc. There is a limit on what your butt will expand secondary to the fat injection. Many times, if you inject too much, the skin gets ischemic (decrease blood supply) and you can develop a small wound due to pressure necrosis. The skin will stretch but to a certain limit. If you want to have a projected buttock, typically you will need >700 ml of fat into the buttock area. The bigger is not always the better; it is all about proportions.

Fat transfer gives a more natural results than butt implants. I recommend fat transfer (Brazilian butt lift) for buttock augmentation.

Web reference: http://www.babygotbutt.com

Brazilian Butt Lift or Implants - It Depends On Your Pre-Surgery Body Contour

+1
How large your  buttocks will be after surgery really depends on your current body contour. You have to look at the current measurements of your waist and hips, as well as the amount of projection of your buttocks. Most Brazilian Butt Lifts involve removing excess fat in the midsection and thighs. Then, this fat is put into the buttocks to enhance their shape. The circumference of your midsection and thighs will decrease, while the fullness of your buttocks will increase. You will definitely have fuller buttocks and your body contour will be curvier, but it is difficult to say whether you’ll have the “noticeably larger” butt that you want since it depends on how much excess fat you have to transfer in the first place and your overall body structure. My patients have found that a BBL is sufficient in achieving the body contour they want.
To prevent disappointment, you should talk to your surgeon to let them know how big you want your buttocks to be. Be honest and clear in your expectations so that your surgeon can get a better idea of what you want. Any reputable surgeon will then be able to let you know if your Brazilian Butt Lift is suitable, or if you should go with implants instead.

Web reference: http://www.edelsteincosmetic.com/procedures/brazilian-butt-lift.php

Brazilian buttock lift can give you the size you want

+1

As long as you have enough fat after your weight loss, you can achieve a larger and shapelier buttock with a Brazilian buttock lift, without implants. The Brazilian buttock lift generally has fewer complications than the buttock implants. The fat transfer to the buttock will also allow for better shaping of your entire lower back, waist and hips as well. A board certified plastic surgeon can evaluate you and determine if you are a good candidate. I would consult with a plastic surgeon before you lose too much of your weight.

Dr.Bruno

Web reference: http://www.williambrunomd.com

Brazilian butt lift or buttock implants for a better shaped behind

+1

Brazilian butt lift surgery is more and more common. The results are not only achieved by placing fat into the buttocks only, but it also requires removal fat from above the buttocks, lateral thighs, inner thighs, muffin tops and lower back to give the desired results. In my practice fat is my first choice, second choice and third choice before I consider implants. It is a rare patient who comes to my office and cannot find enogh fat to give a significant visual improvement. In this type of patient I use a buttock implant and find enough fat to graft lateral to the implants for a softer result. If you are planning to loose weight from 175lbs to 135-140lbs, this places you at a BMI of 24. Remember, when you loose weight, you do not loose fat cells. They just get smaller. Even though you are smaller, the same amount of fat cells can be grafted.

Web reference: http://www.bellevueplasticsurgeons.com

Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Buttock augmentation

+1

Both procedures, buttock implant and Brazilian Buttock Lift (Fat Transfer) are viable procedures, when done by experienced qualified plastic surgeon.

Most prefer Brazilian Buttock Lift. It achieves a good result, natural look and feel, Once the fat takes it is there for a long time. Avarage take of the graft 60-80% of total fat transfered. It is dependant on the experience of the surgeon.

Risks:

1: infection

2: Bleeding

3: No take of the graft

4: fat embolism

5: Asymmetry

6: Need for further surgery

7: too much fat, too little fat transfered

8: abnormal shape of the buttocks

9: Fat necrosis, resulting in hard lumps

Implants are available off the shelf in different sizes and shapes.

Cusume implants can be made (more expense)

Risks

1: scars (inter gluteal fold)

2; infection

3: hematome

4: seromas

5: displacement of implant

6: too big, too small

7:Capsular contracture

8: need for further surgery (Implant maintainance)

9: chronic pain

10: thinning of the tissue above the implant

The bigger the implant the more frequent the complications, and the more the need for further surgery.

Fat transfer can be repeated (more expense)

Consult a BOARD CERTIFID PLASTIC SURGEON (AMERICAN BOARD OF PLASTIC SURGERY)

and discuss your options, long and short term risks then you can make an intellegent decision