How Do I Gain Weight for the Brazilian Butt Lift?

I'm looking to having Brazilian Butt Life done, but I can't seem to gain more than a lb or 2. Any suggestions?

Weight Gain for Brazilian Butt Lift - Does this make sense?

+1

In general  it is best to be at your stable long term weight to reduce the probability for revision surgery. It makes little or no sense to loose or gain weight for a surgical procedure including Brazilian Butt Lift unless you can maintain that weight for many years.

The reason for this is that the fat cells tend to remember it origin and behave that way. In other words when you lose weight you will also shrink the size of the fat cells transferred to your buttocks and conversely when you gain weight you will gain it also in the area it was transferred to.

Do You Need to Gain Weight for a Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Thanks for your question -

It is unusual for patients to need to gain weight for a brazilian butt lift. Even patients who are at their ideal BMI typically have enough fat to harvest to transfer to the buttocks. In general in our San Francisco area practice we look for patients to have at least 3 liters of fat to harvest for a moderate increase in buttock profile.

Be sure to speak to a board certified plastic surgeon familiar with this procedure before planning on losing or gaining weight for the surgery. It may not be necessary!

I hope this helps!

Steven H. Williams, MD