Brazilian Butt Lift for Thin Patient?

Hi everyone, I'vs always wanted to have a slightly bigger butt and hips because I have a very thin frame with not much curves. I got a BA about 3 months ago and it turned out great but now I feel like I look top heavy. I am 5'6, 107lbs and have 8% body fat. I havea very fast metabolism and a lot of trouble gaining weight. I really don't want to get butt implants but am I a canidate for a BBL? I want one so bad to get a little more projection and some hips.

Candidate Requirements for Brazilian Buttocks Lift

+2

First and foremost it is very important to understand that the Brazilian Buttocks Lift is simply a fat transfer to the buttocks from elsewhere on the body.   You must have fat somewhere that can be harvested, processed, and then grafted to the buttocks in a skillful artistic manner.   If there is no source of transplant fat available, a fat transfer is impossible.

Alternatives to fat to enhance the buttocks include various types of buttocks implants, all of which I consider somewhat unappealing.  There are just too many associated problems including discomfort, dissatisfaction, marginal improvement, unattractive results, infection,  and loss of one or both implants to name a few.  Try building up your buttocks muscles.

In parting I would ask everyone to remember that the words Brazilian Butt Lift simply mean a fat graft to the buttocks.   If a surgeon in Katmandu does the same identical procedure he or she could call it a Katmandu Butt Lift.   Tb Brazilian Butt Lift seems to imply some special magic to many people.   There is no magic.   Any skilled surgeon with fat transfer experience can do a lovely fat graft to the buttocks.   If the surgeon is in Modesto , California they could then call it the Modesto Butt Lift just as well as use the term Brazilian Butt Lift.     Call it what you will but the procedure is, in straightforward talk, just a fat transfer skillfully done to the buttocks.   Hopefully all surgeons doing the procedure would do it with artistry and skill.   Many, many surgeons do fat transfers to the buttocks.   If you prefer to call that a Brazilian Butt Lift then many many surgeons do this fat transfer (Brazilian Butt Lift) very very well.

Think and study before jumping into plastic surgery. Never be fooled or misled by slick advertising terms or by slick sales people.   Don"t be fooled by words such as Brazilian Butt Lift;  please understand exactly what the procedure actually is.

My Best,   Dr C

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Buttocks Fat Grafting

+1

Without seeing pictures or seeing you in person, it is impossible to give you specific advice.  However, if you do not have fat somewhere on your body to transfer, then it is impossible to transfer fat to your buttocks.

Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift for Thin Patient

+1

The Brazilian Butt Lift is the preferred procedure for butt augmentation provided that the patient has sufficient fat to utilize. From the description, you do not seem to have the requisite amount of fat for the procedure. To explore your options, consult in person with 3 - 4 board certified plastic surgeons.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS