Brazilian Butt Lift for Petit Asian Using Arm + Back Fat?

Dear experts, I'm 31 yrs, 106 lbs, and 5'2" and built like a boy. –I had liposuction on my upper arms in 2003 and while they are slimmer, they are still large compared to my body. –I have ZERO volume in my butt or hips but don't want to get implants I'm wondering if the BBL would be a good solution for me to redistribute my fat. One surgeon said "there's not enough to work with," another said I'd notice a big difference after he removed a coke can's worth of fat from each arm. WHICH IS TRUE?

Butt Augmentations for Thin Patients

+1
This is a very good question and very common.

The amount of fat needed depends on the shape and needs of each individual patient, however in general at least 500cc per buttock need to be placed to see a significant difference. On average patients typically receive around 800cc per buttock side for a total of 1600cc of fat transfer. However just like a breast augmentation the amount of fat needed various from patient to patients. Also the sculpting done with the liposuction is a big part of the procedure to improve the overall shape.

However if a patient has a BMI of 22 they typically will have enough fat for the Brazilian butt lift. If they are smaller than this then they will need to consider doing an augmentation with implants. Buttock implants can give patients a very nice result. Commonly buttock implants are combined with some fat transfer depending on the needs of the individual person.

When considering this procedure it is very important that you have your procedure performed by a board certified plastic surgeon.

Can you gain weight?

+1
I think your physique would actually do quite well.  It would help if you could gain some weight.  Sometimes I tell patients to go on a 'twinkie diet' and put on a few pounds, giving me a bit more to work with.  Having said that making a fuller and rounder bottom is a combination of subtracting in some places and adding in others.  You could have fat removed from your lower back, inner thighs, and a little bit on your outer thighs and use all that for your bottom.  If your expectations are set right for a modest improvement I think you might be happy with what could be achieved.  If you are setting your goals very high and expect a big difference, that may not be attainable given your physique.  

Farzad R. Nahai, MD

Wanting a brazilian buttock lift

+1

I dont think there is enough fat here to get a dramatic result. I usually need aroung 1000 cc. of pure fat for each side to do this. I believe the most that i can harvest safely without creating any other deformity from the lipo is around 250cc. If this is within your level of expectations then you could proceed with the procedure.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Asian Brazilian Butt Lift....

+1

You definitely don't have much fat to work with.  There are different ways you can look at the situation.   On the one hand, when you are thin, every little bit of fat removed or injected can make a difference.  Not a big difference, but an improvement.  On the other hand, if you are looking for a major change, you do not have enough fat to obtain that. 
When patients your size come to my office I tell them all the same thing. In your quest for a bigger buttocks, don't take fat from areas that you do not want smaller just for the purpose of making your buttocks larger. 
The best thing to do in your situation is to gain weight. It can be removed from just about anywhere you gain it.  Then, not only will there will be more to transfer to your buttocks, but your buttocks will likely gain a little weight as well.

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Can a BBL be performed on a petite Asian woman using fat from the back and upper arms?

+1

After reviewing your history and photos the only way of knowing whether a BBL would benefit you would be to actually examine you. I know you have received conflicting opinions. It is important to know whether the the plastic surgeons giving their advice have extensive experience with the BBL. It can make a big difference! There are often multiple areas that can be used as fat donor sites. You also already have some projection which is helpful, but again you need to be examined. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Based on the pictures posted, You do not have enough fat to harvest. Any attempt to do liposuction will run the risk of major deformity.

At this shape and body fat, you may want to comsider Intramuscular buttock implant. You need to understand all the pros and cons of buttock implant before you proceed.

BBL without implants

+1

Thank you for posting appropriate pictures. While you don't have a lot of fat for transfer, enough can be harvested from your abdomen, back, inner thighs and flanks. This will sculpt these areas and provide albeit some fat cells for autologous transfer. This will provide better contouring and shape of your bottom as long as you are not looking to have a very large bum. Best of luck. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Fat transfer in thin patient

+1

Hello. Based on your photos and history I don't feel that you have a significant amount of fat for transfer.  I have done a large number of silicone implants covered with fat graft ... From your arms and lower back etc. to smooth out edges around 

Sanjay Lalla, MD, FACS
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift and arm fat

+1

Picky, thanks for the excellent photo. Based on your photos, you have limited amount of fat for full Brazilain butt lift. However, we have many women your shape who have benefited from limited BBL. Basically, we call it buttock shaping. We can shape your waistline by removing fat and injecting the fat in the buttocks. The process of making the waist smaller will improve your overall shape and give the illusion of a bigger buttocks. Many of our patients like to use this method as the last option before considering implants.

Good luck

Stanley Okoro, MD