How Much Fat is Needed for Brazilian Butt Lift?

I am a slim pre-op transgendered male considering the Brazilian Butt Lift. How much fat should be on my body for this procedure?

How Much fat is needed for Brazilian Butt Lift?

+2

Hi there-

The amount of fat necessary will depend to a large extent on your goals for the appearance of your buttock and hip area, as well as the character of your skin and existing soft tissues, and the availability of fat.

Because you should expect some amount of the grafted fat to be reabsorbed after surgery (usually within the first month), more fat than is needed to achieve your goals is usually placed at surgery.

We do a great many of these procedures in my Orlando practice, and have found the amount of fat necessary to achieve the average patient's goals to be anywhere from 400 to 1000 cc per buttock cheek. There is, of course a lot of variability between patients as far as goals go, so your best bet is to find a surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery who has a lot of experience with this procedure and visit with them.

Please also peruse my before and after photos (on this site) for an idea of what is possible with this technique.

Web reference: http://www.DrArmandoSoto.com

How much fat for Brazilian Butt Lift?

+2

Thanks for your question -

In our San Francisco office we perform this procedure regularly. An evaluation of your current shape and goals should be discussed.

We typically place between 300 and 600 cc of fat into each buttocks. A portion of this fat does not survive (usually less than 25%). We typically need to be able to liposuction at least 2 liters. Most people who are around a normal weight have plenty of fat we can use.

How much fat is needed for a Brazilian buttock lift

+1

You need to have excess fat in more than one area typically to be considered a good candidate for a Brazilian buttock lift (fat transfer to the buttock).  Usually the abdomen, lower back, love handles and sometimes thighs, are used as the donor sites for the fat harvesting.  This is a difficult question to answer without examining a patient in person because the skin quality (stretch marks, elasticity) must be taken into account.  As a rough estimate, you need about 2 liters of lipoaspirate (fat and fluid) to be suctioned, from which about 500 cc is deemed "useable" for the transfer. That's 250cc per side, which is on the conservative side.

The more fat you have available, the more fat can be transferred to your buttock region.

Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to determine if you are a good surgical candidate.

Dr. Bruno

Web reference: http://www.williambrunomd.com

Amount of Fat Needed for Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

The amount of fat transferred differs from patient to patient.  It depends on what shape you would like to achieve, the amount of fat you have available to transfer and the amount of fat the buttocks can accommodate.  I have placed 300- 800+ cc in various individuals as an example.

Dr. ES

Fat needed for Brazilian butt lift

+1

In general, I like to place at least 200 cc's of fat in each cheek for an adequate augmentation and lift.  This , of course , depends on the size of the patient and the overall goals of the individual.

Tal Raine MD

Amt of fat for a Brazilian Butt Lift depends on your goals!

+1

Thank you for the question. This is the issue that I spend most amount of time talking to my patients who are considering a Brazilian Butt lift. During the surgery, the patient will receive liposuction to the abdomen hips waist trunk back and thighs. This tissue will then be cleaned and processed. This will then be added to the gluteal region strategically. Whenever we move fat from one part of the body to the other, we can expect 20 to 30% of the fat melt away. For this reason it is essential to discuss at length with your plastic surgeon what your ultimate goals are for your gluteal region. Ask your surgeon if you have enough fat to me harvested cleaned processed grafted and to remain permanently. In some of my thinner patients, we recommend that the patient gain 10 to 15 pounds before the surgery or that they consider another option such as solid silicone gluteal implants.

For more information on Brazilian butt lifts or butt augmentation, please schedule an iConsult or visit us online at the link below.

Web reference: http://www.miamiaesthetic.com/butt_augmentation_lift.htm

Fat needed for Brazilian butt lift

+1

The amount of fat injected per buttocks cheek depends on how much larger you would like your buttocks to be. Some people just want a little shape, others want a large increase in size. Many times, the biggest determining factor is how much fat you have to donate to your buttocks. The best way to proceed is to have a concultation with a surgeon experienced in this procedure.

Fat needed for Brazilian Butt Enhancement

+1

The avearge volume of fat needed for each buttock is about 300 cc to 500 cc.

The buttock can also be further enhanced by liposuction of the love handles and back as well  as the thighs, to give shape and curves