Fat Sources for Brazilian Butt Lift?

I would like to have a brazilian butt lift. I am 40 and at a steady weight (135 to 140 pounds) Genetically, I have BIG arms and would like to know, can this fat can be harvested in conjuction with other fatty areas such as the back, abdomen, and thighs, for the injection into the buttocks?

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Fat from throughout body can be used for your Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

During your Brazilian Butt lift your surgeon will perform liposuction throughout your trunk to collect fat for the grafting. In our practice, we commonly perform liposuction at the same time to other areas of concern for the patient. These include the arms the chin and very often the thighs and legs. The goal for a Brazilian Butt lift is to obtain enough healthy and good-quality fat that may be transferred successfully to the butt. Although it is possible to use some of the fat from the arms and other regions of the body, the trunk usually provides the majority of the fat that we employ. Before your surgery have an in-depth discussion with your surgeon and asked them if you have enough fat to perform the surgery and to achieve the goals of shape size and contour of the butt if you're interested in. If they say you do not please explore other alternatives with them.

For more information on Brazilian butt lifts or butt augmentation, please schedule an iConsult or visit us online at the link below.

Web reference: http://www.miamiaesthetic.com/butt_augmentation_lift.htm

Fat sources for fat grafting; BBL

+1

Second be removed from almost anywhere.  This includes your arms.  The most important component of harvesting fat is to not only get an adequate amount of fat but to harvest, process and inject in a non-traumatic manner.  Hope this helps!

Fat source

+1

The only fat source for a Brazilian Butt Lift is your own fat. Your doctor will take the fat from many areas in your body to make sure you get your desired results. Typical areas that doctors will liposuction from are the flanks, back, arms, upper and lower abdomen.

Brazilian Butt Lift and donor sites.

+1

SEE VIDEO FOR SAMPLE RESULTS:

Any source of fat is reasonable as long as the fat can be extracted with the least amount of trauma and damage to the fat cells. The arm fat is usually very acceptable as a donor site. However, the primary limitation is the relatively small amount of fat. This fat taken in combination with other donor sites is usually sufficient.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/brazilian-butt-lift.html

Fat sources for Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Hi Tracyface!!

The most important considerations in harvesting fat for a Brazilian Butt Lift are that we get enough of it, and that the technique for its harvest and grafting is sound.

To this end, it would be in your best interests to harvest from as many areas as possible in order to collect as much fat as possible and therefore place as much as possible. The fat from different areas of the body is equally available and successful in achieving your desired buttock contour.

The other issue at hand when harvesting is the technique used- it needs to be as gentle as possible to maximize viability of the cells placed into the butt, however in order to achieve the best outcome in the arm area (and a few others), more advanced techniques are beneficial... How to reconcile these? I first harvest the fat I want using a very gentle and traditional tumescent technique which will maximize fat cell survival, then (once I know I have enough fat), a second pass is made using a more advanced technique to maximize the improvement of the arm contour.

I hope that answers your question- let me know if you have more!

You can take fat from multiple sites

+1

The fat for a Buttock augmentation, or Brazilian Butt lift, can be harvested from multiple sites. As part of the procedure, I like to suction some fat from around the butt as well, from areas like the waistline and outer thighs. I find that I can not only use this fat for the augmentation, but it also helps shape and sculpt the buttock nicely, which makes the final result look even better.

Web reference: http://www.drsalemy.com

You can harvest fat from all available sites

+1

A brazillian butt lift requires a significant amount of fat harvest to obtain appropriate volume to place into the buttocks. This is often 3 Liters or more. I doubt that your fat deposits will satisfy this necessity, however, using all available stores, including your arms if available will help to satisfy this criteria.

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon