How Much Fat is Needed for a Brazilian Butt Lift and Can You Use Fat from Other People?

I'm looking for a way to have fat transferred from my thin body to my buttocks area but I can't find any except for my small pouchy belly! Is it possible that I can have my husband's belly fat transferred to my buttocks in order to have the brazilian butt lift? Also, how much fat does one need for one butt cheek?

Brazilian Butt Lift - Where to get the fat?

+3

Thanks for the question -

In our San Francisco area practice we perform Brazilian Butt Lifts regularly. We typically need at least 300-400 ccs of fat per butt cheek. This of course depends on the anatomy and the desired amount of contour augmentation.

People many times have more fat then they think they do. Areas that we look to help people improve include abdomen, flanks, and thighs.

A tool that may be helpful is calculating your BMI (body mass index). (Just google it, there are plenty of online tools, all you need is your height and your weight). If your BMI is over 25 you likely have adequate fat for transfer.

It is not currently possible to take fat from other people and use it to augment your own contours.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss this issue with you in detail.

I hope this helps!

+2
The exact amount of CCs needed depends on you. The BBL is a very personal and beautiful augmentation when it is performed specifically to your dimensions.
My recommendation is that you find an ASPS board certified surgeon in your area who specializes in the BBL, and set up an in person consult. An in person consult with an an ASPS board certified surgeon is the only way to determine the best route for your body and your goals.

You cannot use other people’s fat cells – but again an ASPS board certified surgeon will be able to devise the perfect and personal strategy to help you meet your goals.

Constantino G. Mendieta, MD

Where fat meets fiction

+2

Felixthekitten,

It sounds like that you are a thin but may have some belly fat that could contribute to a brazilian butt lift but you need to have other areas of fat to contribute to the fat transfer to the buttocks. Typically, fat is liposuction from the abdomen, love handles, outer thighs, back and inner thighs if available. The amount of fat needed to improve the shape and size of the buttocks varies from patient to patient. I have transferred fat volumes from 280 to 550 cc per buttock.

Unfortunately, transplanting fat from one person to another is not an ideal or acceptable method to improve the size and shape one's buttocks. Additional, methods of improving shape that could be used are buttocks implants and surgical tightening to loose skin to lift the buttocks (usually for patients that have lost massive amounts of weight).

I hope this clears up the questions you had.

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Donor fat for Brazilian Butt Lift?

+2

Unfortunately for now, the fat has to come from you. Your body will reject fat from someone else. Someday, we will probably be able to take some of your fat and grow it in a lab, producing more of it and then give it back to you. But, for now we have to work with what you've got.

I have three suggestions:
Be evaluated by a Plastic Surgeon with a lot of experience with the Brazilian Lift. I have found more than enough fat on women who thought or were told that they didn't have enough.

Secondly, if you are that thin, then a little fat added to a tiny frame can provide a reasonable increase in size. So, you actually may have enough at your current size.

My third suggestion (if neither of the above are correct in your situation) is to gain a few pounds. I know it's probably not something you would want to do, but it can be removed from just about any area that you gain it, and we will then have more fat to inject into your buttocks.

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Must use your own fat for a Brazilian buttock lift

+1

You have to use your body's own fat for a fat transfer procedure. If you do not have enough fat, you may have to gain some weight prior to surgery. There is no minimum or maximum amount of fat needed to transfer but you would like to have at least 200 cc per side to have a noticeable difference. This however does depend a lot on your body's anatomy and available fat. Consult with a few board certified plastic surgeons for a more detailed examination.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

How Much Fat Needed for Brazilian Buttlift? Can I Use Someone Else's Fat?

+1

Usually, you need at least 600 to 800 cc per buttock to even make the procedure worthwhile.  Although there are people with too little fat, these are rare individuals.  Unfortunately, no one else can donate fat to you, as this would not like in your body, unless you have an identical twin as a donor.  Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Brazilian buttlift Los Angeles, CA

Buttock Augmentation - Whose fat is best!

+1

Although your husband might like his look after donating fat I can assure you that you will not be so happy. Your body's immune system will make short work of your husband's fat cells and your appearance will be far from aesthetic. See a surgeon with experience in this procedure. He/she will look for fat you might be overlooking. Gaining weight is a good option for those who are motivated. Lastly, augmentation with synthetics implants such as silicone is a common option. As for volume, that depends upon you aesthetic goals and your basic anatomy. Proportion is very important so the contour of your hips, waist and thighs will affect how prominent your buttocks appear. Volumes of 200 - 600 cc's of fat per side are typical depending upon each patient's particulars. Good Luck

Jon F. Harrell, DO

Size preference for Brazilian butt lift

+1

The amount of fat needed depends on how much extra fat is available to be extracted from other areas of your body. It also depends on your size preference of your new butt.

A person’s fat cannot be used to inject into another person’s body. The body will reject its cells.

Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS