Brazilian Butt Lift with Edema and Thalassemia?

Slim + edema + Alpha thalassemia, that's me. Would I be a good candidate or can I opt for the brazillian butt lift? Please advise.

Thalasemia

+1

The most severe form of alpha thalassemia major causes stillbirth (death of the unborn baby during birth of the late stages of pregnancy).

Children born with thalessemia major (Cooley's anemia) are normal at birth, but develop severe anemia during the first year of life.

Other symptoms can include:

• Bone deformities in the face
  • Fatigue
  • Growth failure
  • Liver and spleen swelling
  • Shortness of breath
  • Yellow skin (jaundice)

I believe that is a question to the hematologist.

If you are slim and have no fat to liposuction and transfer to your buttock then your only other options are

1. implants

2. Dermis Fat graft if you are a candidite for a tummy tuck

Brazilian Butt Lift and thalassemias

+1

Dear Chercher,

As you probably know, there is a spectrum of disease with the thalassemias, from asymptomatic carriers to those that do not survive past birth. If you are on the carrier side of the spectrum, then your thalassemia per se would not be an absolute contraindication to Brazilian Butt lift. However, your "slim" body habitus poses a problem. The Brazilian butt lift requires enough fat to be removed to place back into the buttocks. If you don't have the fat, you can't do the procedure. That would leave you with the option of putting in buttock implants. Consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon and your hematologist will determine if you are a candidate and what your risks would be. Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD