Brazilian Butt Lift or Butt Implants?

I am a size 0/2, 5'2", 118lbs, and work out regularly. My hips are "square" and the lower portion of my butt is full and firm, but I cannot round out the top or sides with exercise. Would a Brazilian Butt Lift or Butt Implants be a better choice? How much fat is needed for the Brazilian Butt Lift?

Brazilian Butt Lift or implants?

+3

Hi there-

The amount of fat needed to achieve your goals for appearance would depend on your current examination and your desired appearance. We typically need at least 300-400 cc of fat per side, and often graft even more (up to 1000cc per side).

The only way to have your questions answered accurately and responsibly would be to visit with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area with a lot of experience in this procedure. Generally speaking, I do also think that if you can achieve your goals using your own fat that this is preferable, as it will look and feel like it always been your own but, and will not be associated with the risks of implants.

Brazialian Butt lift

+3

You may have some fat to lipo to contour you but I would likely say that it would not be enough. I am saying this based on what you have given us, but it would help if we had some pics. You likely need liposuction along with butt implants.

Now, the butt implants do have a higher rate of complications, atleast the implants that we have available in the U.S.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Round Buttocks

+2

If you need liposuction around the hips, love handles, and thighs to shape your buttock and have enough fat, then a Brazilian Butt enhancement can help you.

If you do not have enough fat for transfer (1000-1500cc), then your other alternative is an implant or Dermis Fat Graft.

In general I would recommend fat, not an implant

+2

Implant-related complications in this area can be a major problem, so my recommendation would be to use your own fat if possible-- it's by far the safer procedure.  Otherwise, I would be very careful and strongly consider whether or not you want the risk of an implant in this area.

Shahram Salemy, MD, FACS