Brazilian Butt Lift for Leg and Back Pain?

I need a Brazilian Butt Lift because my butt has no shape. My butt and legs meet as one, causing back and leg pain. Can insurance pay for this, as I was told it's a medical condition? Will this procedure really help minimize the pain I have?

There is no way that the Brazilian Butt Lift can improve your pain in any way.

+3

There is no way that the Brazilian Butt Lift can improve your pain in any way. This procedure is done for contouring and shaping only. You need to see an orthopaedic surgeon to find out why you have these pains. Without seeing you, there is no way of knowing if you are a good candidate for the Brazilian Butt Lift. The measurements suggest you may be, but this is assuming that your waist measurement is due to excess fat beneath your skin and not due to intra-abdominal fat. You need to be examined by an experienced Plastic Surgeon....preferable one who has a lot of experience with the Brazilian Butt Lift procedure. Many patients travel to other areas to get this procedure done for them by Surgeons with years of experience who they trust. Make sure the surgeon you choose is experienced and board certified in Plastic Surgery.

Brazilian butt lift and pain

+1

It is extremely unlikely that your back and leg pain will improve by augmenting your buttock.  The surgery will likely improve the cosmetic look of your body, but does not improve pain or function.

Dennis Dass, MD

Insurance does not cover Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Health Insurance and Medicare does not pay for cosmetic procedures and this includes Brazilian Butt Lifts.
The short answer is that no Health Insurance Policy or Medicare will pay for cosmetic procedures - this includes a butt lift, augmentation, etc. They will only cover medically necessary conditions, not simply to approve ones appearance. For the record, although your description indicates you have pain from your appearance there is no medical basis for this and some other reason is responsible.

Here is the long answer about what insurance dose cover.  It used to be that just about all "lumps and bumps" were covered by insurance as it was considered reconstructive rather than cosmetic surgery.  The defiintion of this distinction is pretty straight forward - Reconstructive surgery means improvement of a condition that goes from abnormal towards the normal, whereas "Cosmetic" refers to improvement of a normal condition. Unfortunately, this does make a lot of difference to many insurance companies today. Instead they are more interested in correction of functional problems. That is something that interferes with your vision, irritates the eye, causes recurrent infection or dry eyes, or is a cancer (malignancy),etc. 

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Brazilian butt lift for back pain

+1

I have never heard of any such effect.

Brazilian butt lift is a purely cosmetic procedure and as such a very good one, but it will not influence your pain in any way.

The Brazilian butt lift is a somewhat ideal cosmetic surgery procedure, since it makes use of fat removed elsewhere for an aesthetic effect, and it is a procedure with a very high degree of patient satisfaction, but there is no effect on back pain, at least not to my knowledge.

Alexander Aslani, MD, EBOPRAS
Spain Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Enhancement not covered by insurance

+1

This is a COSMETIC PROCEDURE. Not covered by insurance.

There is no  medical condition as small, flat buttock that is recognized by the insurance company for coverage.

All cost is paid by you.

Not an indication...

+1

nor an insurance covered procedure. Brazilian buttock lift will in no way affect the pain in your back or legs, unless there is some psychologic component to the pain and improving your body contour improves that. Either way, no insurance company will provide coverage for the procedure. Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Brazilian Butt lift is unlikely to provide relief

+1

The Brazilian Buttock lift is essentially a cosmetic procedure and as such it is not considered a functional procedure in any sense unlike breast reductions.

In general, it has not been used to ease back or leg pain and I would discourage you from using it to achieve this goal. Therefore, I don't believe any insurance company would consider this a covered benefit.

Brazilian Butt Lift for Pain

+1

Thanks for your question -

It is unlikely that a brazilian butt lift in the true sense of the definition will help your pain. There is a large chance that you will have the same pain post-operatively that you had before. Brazilian butt lifts are designed to improve your contour. Most of the fat that is transferred is at the mid and upper portion of your buttocks and would be unlikely to correct the problem you're describing.

In my San Francisco area practice we have used fat transfer to correct scars or significant lipoatrophy from surgery or trauma that can help cushion nerves in that area (sciatic typically). This technique would not significantly address the cosmetic issues a brazilian butt lift would address.

Steven H. Williams, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift won't help with back or leg pain

+1

A Brazilian butt lift is a safe and effective procedure that combines liposuction of the abdomen hips waist and back and then fat grafting to the gluteal region. This is a safe and effective way to contour the lower body. An important component of the Brazilian Butt lift is the thorough liposuction to the abdomen, hips, waist, flanks, lower back, and thighs. This will create a tight and beautiful appearance that will be complemented with the full round bottom that is created via fat grafting.

Your best bet is to work with a plastic surgeon that is board certified by the American Board of plastic surgery and has a great deal of experience in liposuction, by contouring, fat grafting, including augmentation. They will be able to assess you and determine what areas should be emphasized with the liposuction and what can be complemented with the fat grafting.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Will my insurance pay for Brazilian Butt Lift if I have leg pain?

+1

Hi there-

A Brazilian Butt Lift is performed in women who wish to improve the shape of their body and the contour of their buttocks. We do not do this operation to improve pain, because there is no reason to believe it would be effective as a means of doing so.

In other words, it is a strictly cosmetic operation- it would be inconceivable that your insurance would cover the costs associated with improving the appearance of your bottom.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS