Can Arm Fat Be Used for Brazilian Butt Lift?

Is it possible to liposuction the arms and transfer that fat into the buttocks for Brazilian Butt Lift?

Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

Yes it can be but it will not be nearly enough fat to get the results that you would like from the procedure.

You need more fat than just the fat from your arm. The brazilian butt lift involves adding fat but it also involves plenty of liposuction of the around the gluteals to give the contour and shape that you desire.

Good luck.

Buttock augmentation

+1

Any fat can be used for gluteal augmentation.  One problem is that not all of the fat is usable.   That is why we like to get as much of it as possible.

Shahin Javaheri, MD

Yes, we can use fat from your arms to transfer to your buttocks

+1

Definitely. I do this all of the time. this area alone is not likely to provide enough fat to make a significant enhancement for your buttocks, but it can be added to the fat obtained from elsewhere. We can take fat from just about any area of your body that you would like to have it removed from, just like we would with normal liposuction, and use this fat to transfer to your buttocks. The only area I will not use fat from is the breast. Even though breasts are mostly made up of fat, when liposuction of the breast is performed, breast cells can be removed as well, and we don't want to transplant these to your buttocks.

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Can fat from my arms be used for my Brazilian Butt Lift?

+1

Hi there-

It is possible to use fat from anywhere you may have it in excess for your Brazilian Butt Lift. I do not think I have ever met a patient who had enough fat on her arms to complete the procedure without harvesting fat from another location as well however.

The best way to assure you have maximized your chances of being happy is to find the best surgeon for you.

Here's some help finding that person:

Armando Soto, MD