Getting a Brazilian Butt Lift, Should I Lose a Little Weight First?

Hello, I'm planning on having the BBL procedure this year. My height is 5'2 and my weight is 175. Should I lose 20 more pounds before I have the procedure? My body shape is "V-shape". Also current jean size 14, after body contouring what size will I end up with? and what amount of fat will be removed overall? Thank you.

Recommendations for Brazilian Butt Lift Require and Examination

+1

Hi there-

It would unfortunately be impossible to advise you without first examining you.

I would find a surgeon Certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery whose work you admire and visit for a consultation.

How big do you want to be?

+1

Dear Luna,

The answer to your question may lie in the answer to "how big do you want your buttocks to be?"  In general, it is always better to lose weight before surgery and maintain that weight for at least 3-6 months to make sure that you can maintain it.  However, many of my patients want to be as large as I can make them.  And, many times I am limited by the amount of fat available for transfer.  So, if your goal is to have as large a buttocks as possible, then you may want to save the weight loss for after the surgery.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

I am 5'2'' and 175 pounds. Should I lose 20 pounds before undergoing the Brazilian Butt Lift?

+1

In order to undergo the Brazilian Butt Lift you need to have adequate donor fat. From your height and weight measurements it would seem that you have enough fat; in fact probably more than you need. If you want to lose 20 pounds, I would suggest losing the weight it prior tp your surgery. I think you will be a better candidate overall for the procedure. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

BBL can have dramatic results!

+1

BBL is really two procedures in one.  The biggest and most complicated part is performing careful liposculpting to make sure you remove enough fat safely and to leave behind the right curves.  This alone will dramatically improve the shape of your back and buttocks.  The fat grafting to the buttocks for augmentation is technically a much smaller but equally important part of the surgery.  This is best done when you are closer to your healthiest weight; you don't want to be too overweight or too underweight.  Discuss your weight loss goals with your doctor.  The healthier you are the safer the surgery.  Make sure you go to a board-certified surgeon who performs this type of procedure regularly in a certified center (not in an office setting).  Depending on your health status and the experience of the doctor, large volumes up to 5 to 7 liters can be removed safely.  Good Luck

Daniel Yamini, MD

Weight loss before brazilian butt lift- depends on the patient

+1

Based on your current weight, it would be a good idea to lose 20 pounds prior to a Brazilian buttock lift procedure. You will have fewer complications if you go into the surgery at a lower body weight. You should still have enough fat to perform the procedure properly. Consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon to determine that you are a good candidate for this surgery.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD