I Am Looking to Get a Brazilian Butt Lift and Breast Augmentation How Long Will It Take for Me to Recover and Get Back to Work?

Brazilian butt lift and breast lift recovery

+2

The recovery for patients undergoing a brazilian butt ligt and breast lift procedure will vary, but often they can go back to light duty work within a week or so.

Recovery After Surgery

+2

Although a standard breast augmentation requires only 24 to 72 hrs of recovery, It is impossible to accurately predict recovery time after a BBL.  This is because, each person who undergoes a BBL may require a different amount of liposuction to various areas of the body, based on that individual's pre-surgical anatomy.  So it is the liposuction that really determines recovery time, and the amount of general discomfort.  In general, most are back to work in a week.

Needless to say, quick recovery and quality of results are linked together, the common denominator is a skilled, experienced, and qualified surgeon.  Certification with ABPS and membership with ASAPS are just the beginning.  Reputation for the specific surgeries is also very important.  Finally, you need to feel a connection with your surgeon, which will have a positive effect on your experience, your confidence, and the quality and quickness of your recovery.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

+2

This largely depends upon the amount of fat you would like transferred to each buttock and the nature of your work.  7 to 10 days may be reasonable.  I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations and Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

BREAST AUGMENT

+2

Your recovery will be longer than you think. If your butt lift is done properly it is going to be very sore for 2-3 weeks. I tell my patients after this dont expect to feel good for a month, just being honest

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Recovery after surgery

+2

Hi Ready4moaz.  After this combination I think you would be off the narcotic pain medication in about a week, back to usual activities in 2 weeks, and  back to strenuous activity within 4 weeks.  I hope this helps. Good luck!

Lewis Ladocsi, MD, FACS
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

How Long Will It Take for Me to Recover and Get Back to Work?

+2

There are too many variables here. I don't know what kind of work you do--heavy physical labor will require considerably more down time than would a desk job. 

How much liposuction and from how many areas will also affect recovery. Likeliest guesstimates would be 5 to 14 days. 

Best info will come following a face to face meeting with a surgeon.

When you are ready for an in person consultation,RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Recovery from surgery

+1

It depends on what kind of work you do.  If you do desk work and just have implants you should be able to return to work in 3 or 4 days.  The Brazilian butt lift will probably prolong the recovery by a few more days.  Personally, I don't do the BBL, I think it is a waste of time and money.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Recovery after brazilian butt lift and breast augmentation

+1
The recovery from combined procedures is a bit longer than each individually. You will be able to return to work at 7-10 days depending on the type of work you do.However you will still be "recovering" for 4-6 weeks. The buttocks and breast may be sore and your energy level will not completely return until that 4th  to 6th week.
This is also conditional on how much liposuction is necessary to achieve the results you desire.
Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in your community for a consultation. I hope this was helpful.

Robert W. Kessler, MD, FACS
Corona Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

Recovery from Brazilian Buttlift and Breast Augmentation

+1

The majority of your recovery will revolve around the Brazilian Butt Lift Procedure.  I recommend that my patients not sit on their buttocks for 7 days and use a cigar pillow for 3 weeks to minimize direct pressure to the grafted fat and maximize it's survival.

I believe that you should be safe to return to desk work after 10-14 days (with your pillow). I wish you a safe recovery and wonderful result!!

Paul S. Gill, MD

Recovery after breast augmentation and brazilian butt lift

+1

You have to consider the degree of overall surgery to predict how much time it would take to recover.  The larger the buttock, the more donor fat you need.  The more donor fat you need, the more likely you will need multiple body areas to harvest the appropriate amount of fat.  The more body areas that undergo liposuction, the more likely you will need more time to recover. 

Young R. Cho, MD, PhD