Brazilian Butt Lift Alternative for Slim Patients?

What are the Brazilian butt lift options for people who are slim? Some doctors say I'm not fat enough!

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Brazilian Butt Lift in Thin Patients

+1

Performing a Brazilian Butt lift in a thin patient can be a challenge. In our practice, if the patient is not too thin but requires more tissue to achieve the result that they are looking for, we will recommend that they gain anywhere from 10 to 15 pounds before the surgery. This will allow us to have more tissue for us to remove clean and then transplant to the butt.

If the patient is extremely thin or if weight gain is not an option, the patient may be a candidate for solid silicone gluteal implants. This procedure can be done safely and successfully but requires a much larger commitment on the part of the patient for a successful postoperative course. Implants at a higher rate of infection than a Brazilian Butt lift. To prevent this, the patient must maintain a rigid postoperative course that requires a prolonged period of time of not sitting and placing no pressure onto the implants.

For more information on Brazilian butt lifts or butt augmentation, please schedule an iConsult or visit us online at the link below.

Web reference: http://www.miamiaesthetic.com/butt_augmentation_lift.htm

Brazilian Butt lift for slim patients

+1

If you are slim, check out the pictures in my gallery (see link below), there is one patient who weighed 95 pds and was 5 feet tall.

Remember, the visual effect of a Brazilian Butt lift has as much to do with proportions as it has to do with volume.

I have also had patients who were slim, and after having had the brazilian butt lift, gained weight. Since the fat cells that store fat preferentially are now in the butt, the weight gain was predominantly in the butt, making them look even better.

Check out the video for more info

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurg.net/procedures/Butt-augmentation.php

Options for butt enhancement

+1

The best alternative for slim patients is to consult with your plastic surgeon first to make sure your doctor decides whether you have enough fat or not. The advice your doctor will give you if you do not have enough fat is to gain weight and to come in for a reevaluation. The only other instant option is to have buttock implants.

Brazilian Buttock enhancement

+1

If you really do not have any fat to donate for a Brazilian Butt Lift, then you options are:

1. Buttock implant, made od silicone elastomer, comes in different shapes and sizes

2. Dermis fat graft, taken from the tummy tuck procedure, if you are a candidate for a tummy tuck (this procedure was first described in Brazil).

Do I have enough fat for a Brazilian Butt Lift?

+1

Hi there-

There is a great deal of variability between surgeons with regard to experience, technique, and outcomes with this procedure. I would visit with a few experienced BBL surgeons, discuss your goals, and ask to see photos of prior patients (including patients with your type of body).

We have had success in our practice with the BBL in slim patients, provided we could find congruence between the fat available and the patient's goals. If we think the patient might benefit from a minor increase in the fatty tissue available, we have also had success with high calorie diets (for a time). After the patient achieves the lovely round butt she wanted, she is then able to lose the weight, comfortable that the new shape will be retained.

Good Luck!

Web reference: http://www.DrArmandoSoto.com

Gluteal Augmentation

+1

If you dont have enough fat for the brazilian butt lift then your only option is gluteal augmetntation with implants. This option in my mind is a bit less favorable as there are more complications with the implants than with autologous fat injection.

So make sure you understand all that can happen and go wrong before going down that path.

Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.feplasticsurgery.com/