Brazilian Butt Lift Alternative for Slim Patients?

What are the Brazilian butt lift options for people who are slim? Some doctors say I'm not fat enough!

Options for butt enhancement

+1

The best alternative for slim patients is to consult with your plastic surgeon first to make sure your doctor decides whether you have enough fat or not. The advice your doctor will give you if you do not have enough fat is to gain weight and to come in for a reevaluation. The only other instant option is to have buttock implants.

Brazilian Buttock enhancement

+1

If you really do not have any fat to donate for a Brazilian Butt Lift, then you options are:

1. Buttock implant, made od silicone elastomer, comes in different shapes and sizes

2. Dermis fat graft, taken from the tummy tuck procedure, if you are a candidate for a tummy tuck (this procedure was first described in Brazil).

Do I have enough fat for a Brazilian Butt Lift?

+1

Hi there-

There is a great deal of variability between surgeons with regard to experience, technique, and outcomes with this procedure. I would visit with a few experienced BBL surgeons, discuss your goals, and ask to see photos of prior patients (including patients with your type of body).

We have had success in our practice with the BBL in slim patients, provided we could find congruence between the fat available and the patient's goals. If we think the patient might benefit from a minor increase in the fatty tissue available, we have also had success with high calorie diets (for a time). After the patient achieves the lovely round butt she wanted, she is then able to lose the weight, comfortable that the new shape will be retained.

Good Luck!

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Gluteal Augmentation

+1

If you dont have enough fat for the brazilian butt lift then your only option is gluteal augmetntation with implants. This option in my mind is a bit less favorable as there are more complications with the implants than with autologous fat injection.

So make sure you understand all that can happen and go wrong before going down that path.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD