Is It Wiser to Have Brazilian Butt Lift After Pregnancy?

I am a graduate student and by the time I get out of school I will be ready to begin a family. But I may consider getting the Brazilian butt lift procedure done before then and maybe wait a year or two to have children. Would I do my results more justice in just waiting until Iam finished with having children, as pregnancy does tend to change the body?

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

A Brazilian butt lift after pregnancy

+1

A Brazilian butt lift is a safe and effective procedure that combines liposuction of the abdomen hips waist and back and grafting this fat to the gluteal (butt) region. This is a safe and great way to create a tight waist and abdomen and a full, beautiful bottom.

Unlike other plastic surgery procedures such as a tummy tuck or a breast surgery, the Brazilian Butt lift will not be greatly affected after a pregnancy. It is safe to perform this procedure before or after a pregnancy but the most important thing is to only work with an experienced surgeon who is board-certified by the American Board of plastic surgery. This is because the ultimate results of your Brazilian butt lift will greatly depend on the technique that was used in the experience of the surgeon. 

Timing of Butt Augmentation

+1

The timing of the surgery is very much dependent on you. When do you want to enjoy your body and figure?

Knowing very well that pregnancy will most probably change your body, it is difficult to tell where most of the change will occur.

Should Brazilian Butt Lift be before or after Pregnancy?

+1

Hi there-

Dr. Aldea is exactly right- only you can balance the relative importance of having the lovely buttocks you desire now with the possible risk that when you do have children the result may suffer and you may need a revision.

In the interests of helping you place the appropriate perspective on this, I would add the following...

The longer you think it will be before you pursue children, and the more unhappy you are currently with your buttock, the more reasonable it would seem to pursue improvement now (this is the same advice I give patients who want families and breast implants). In other words, if you are really unhappy with your backside, and are confident that it will be years before you become pregnant, then the benefit to you of proceeding soon would be high. If, on the other hand, you think you would like to become pregnant within the next few years, and you could probably live with your current shape until then, waiting until your family is complete would lower the possible risk of needing a touch up procedure in the future.

I hope that helps you...

Here is a bit more information that may be helpful to you:

Web reference: http://orlandoplasticsurgery.blogspot.com/2009/11/choosing-plastic-surgeon-part-2.html#f550

Brazilian Butt Lift; Before or After Children

+1

This is where the Practical / Objective facts clash with the Subjective / Emotional desires.

It is nice to look great before you have children and "live it up" before you settle down. But, once you become pregnant AND if you do it several times, your body, including the buttocks may be changed for the worse to a large extent taking back your Brazilian Butt Lift investment.

Waiting after your body has been modified by your pregnancies is certainly a more reasonable plan and would get you much longer lasting results and a better return on your investment. But - you will have to wait a few years to implement it.

The choice is yours.

Dr. P. Aldea