Massage Recommended After Brazilian Butt Lift?

What are some after care tips you can give after a Brazilian Butt lift? I heard it needs to be massaged. How long after the butt lift should the massages begin? Desperately seeking answers.

Brazilian Butt Lift aftercare

+4

Hi there-

Massage of the areas treated with liposuction is beneficial, but not absolutely necessary. I would not recommend the buttocks be massaged for at least the first 6 weeks, as disturbing the grafts while they re-establish a blood supply would compromise take. A support garment is a good idea for the first month as well.

Congratulations on your new behind!

Massaging buttock after Brazilian butt lift

+2

Massaging the buttock area is not necessary unless there is a lot of lumpiness in the area.   If so, I would massage the lumps as if you are kneading bread.  Confer with your surgeon.

Talmage J. Raine MD FACS

Talmage J. Raine, MD

I recommend massage after 2 weeks

+1

But only if there is evidence of excessive swelling.  I actually prefer that my patients leave the area alone and sleep on their stomach the first week to 10 days so as not to distrub the grafts.  I also liek to keep patients in a light compression garment for the first month.

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS