Massage Recommended After Brazilian Butt Lift?

What are some after care tips you can give after a Brazilian Butt lift? I heard it needs to be massaged. How long after the butt lift should the massages begin? Desperately seeking answers.

Brazilian Butt Lift aftercare

+4

Hi there-

Massage of the areas treated with liposuction is beneficial, but not absolutely necessary. I would not recommend the buttocks be massaged for at least the first 6 weeks, as disturbing the grafts while they re-establish a blood supply would compromise take. A support garment is a good idea for the first month as well.

Congratulations on your new behind!

Massaging buttock after Brazilian butt lift

+2

Massaging the buttock area is not necessary unless there is a lot of lumpiness in the area.   If so, I would massage the lumps as if you are kneading bread.  Confer with your surgeon.

Talmage J. Raine MD FACS

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Massage good, exercise & diet better!

+2

In our practice, we recommend our patients initiate a rigorous and healthy exercise regimen and start a balanced nutritional diet. This will help keep you in shape after your surgery and will help accentuate the results that you have received. Massages cannot hurt but by working on your figure you will flatter the tight tummy the small waist and beautiful new curves that you just earned!

For more information on Brazilian butt lifts or butt augmentation, please schedule an iConsult or visit us online at the link below.

Pat Pazmino, MD

I recommend massage after 2 weeks

+1

But only if there is evidence of excessive swelling.  I actually prefer that my patients leave the area alone and sleep on their stomach the first week to 10 days so as not to distrub the grafts.  I also liek to keep patients in a light compression garment for the first month.

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS