Brazilian Bikini Laser Hair Removal - is It Healthy?

I was wondering if it is safe to laser remove hair from inside your private area? My gynecologist (one of the best in Boston) tells me not to shave it as it will interfere with the natural processes in there.

Brazilian Bikini Laser Hair Removal

+1
Brazilian Bikini laser hair removal is a commonly requested procedure. When the appropriate laser is used for your skin type, and the procedure is used in a medical setting , the treatments are safe, and patients are very pleased with the results. Several local gynecologists have referred patients who have complained of ingrown hair and skin irritation after waxing. 

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Bikini Laser Hair Removal--is it healthy?

+1

Hair removal in the private area (Brazilian) is a fairly commonly requested procedure.  There is no reason to think it would be unhealthy for the natural processes which occur there.  You can ask your gynecologist for a further explanation as to his reasoning.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon