Will Brazilian Butt Lift Help Correct Sagging and Cellulite?

i am a 40yr old female in good health. i am 5'5" and weigh 145lbs. i had a consultation w/a board certified plastic surgeoon who told me that he wold lipo my flanks and the lower part of my buttocks to obtain fat for injections. will this be favorable to lift and help tighten the look of my buttocks?

Brazilian Butt Lift (Fat Transfer to Buttocks)

+2

Transferring fat to the buttocks may be associated with a minor lifting and will not lift a seriously sagging buttock.

The Brazilian Butt Lift (Fat Transfer to the Buttocks) involves a sculpting of the buttocks. The lower back and V zone (between the cheeks) is accentuated with fat removal. The side flattening or dimpling (trochanteric depression) is filled and the apex of the buttock is then filled as per the patient's wishes and cosmetic ideals.

Butt Lift With Fat Injections

+2

With regards to adding volume to the gluteal area, fat that has been harvested from elsewhere in your body can work very well.  It serves to volumize the buttock area and provide more fullness.  However, adding volume can only lift things up to a certain extent.  After that, you may need some actual excision of excess skin and buttock elevation.  It is the same for breast augmentation - an implant will take up some excess skin, but if it is too much, you still need a mastopexy.  The extra volume in your buttocks may help tighten, but it may not fully correct any sagginess in the area.  I hope this helps.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

The Brazilian Butt Lift does work- but good decision making is still important

+1

Hi there-

Without examining you personally, it would be impossible for me to give you the confidence you are looking for...

What I can tell you is that the operation (when performed on a good candidate by a surgeon experienced in the technique) DOES work- a review of the photo gallery for the procedure on this site should prove to you that fulness, improvement in shape, and yes, in the firmness of the buttocks is possible.

I cannot emphasize enough to you the importance of finding a surgeon who has a lot of experience doing this procedure.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Lift yes, cellulite-don't count on it

+1

The "Brazilian Butt Lift", or buttock augmentation by fat injection has become the most popular form of buttock lift in my practice.  It does wonders for lifting and rounding the buttock cheeks.  I tell all of my patients that even though cellulite of the buttocks usually improves with a Brazilian, there is a chance that it may not be affected and even a small chance that it could become more visible.  Also, be careful with suctioning the buttocks, especially the lower half because this tissue supports the buttocks upward and if removed might cause sagging.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Butt lift VS butt enhancement

+1

Butt lift and butt enhancement are two different procedures although sometimes the terms are used inteeat.rchangably.

Butt enhancement can add volume and projection to the buttock, but not a significant lift.

Butt lift requires a procedure similar to body lift to lift the sagging skin of the buttock.

Cellulite is dimpling to the skin and there is no good trment for cellulite.

There are many machines and hyped procedure by the companies and some physicians claiming to treat cellulite. It is false and has no scientific basis