Brava system for breast fat transfer - How much fat would survive? (Photo)

I am well aware that the Brava system helps fat grafting my expanding and helps promote blood flow but my question is this.. How much fat would survive if I did not use the system? (I'm 22, never had children, 5 feet tall and 130lbs)

Fat grafting and BRAVA

+2
Fat grafting for breast augmentation is a common procedure in my practice.  We use BRAVA in most, but not all patients. The decision to use the BRAVA is based on the experience and judgment of the surgeon.

Generally, in patients with small breasts and no skin excess, I recommend BRAVA use to give the best chance of an optimal result.

Fat grafting to the breast!

+2
You can only fat graft a half cup size at a time which is not the amount of a cup size so it may not be as helpful to do through the process.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

Dr. Kayser

+2
It depends on how much larger you want to become. If less than a cup size is desired you may be able to have fat grafting without BRAVA expansion but if it's anymore, then you will most likely benefit from the expansion process, which will allow more fat to be placed and increase the likelyhood of overall fat survival. The domes can be cumbersome but are worth it in the long run especially since this is something that will last the rest of your life. Hope this helps and have a wonderful day. Dr. Kayser

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Brava system for breast fat transfer - How much fat would survive?

+1
If you are comfortable with about a one cup size increase, fat transfer would be reasonable. If you want 2 or more cups, breast augmentation with implants would be better.

+1
There is not an exact answer to your question. In general, the Brava significant improves the graft survival. In a study published by Dr Khouri, up to 80% of the grafted fat can survive.
Compared to fat transfer without BRAVA, which is somewhere between 30-50% graft take, this is a significant improvement.

Kenneth Bermudez, MD