BRAVA Breast System or Macrolane Better for Reshaping Breasts?

my breast size is 36-38 C but i have 50-70% sagging skin as i was fat and lost weight "50 kilo" and am 32 years old. so can Brava System help me on reducing the amount of skin lose and help me on reshaping my breast again? if not will the macrolane reshape the breast?

BRAVA Breast System or Macrolane Better for Reshaping Breasts

+1

BRAVA is not intended to correct loose skin, Macrolane is not currently available in the USA and will only provide temporary improvement

Brava or Macrolane for Breast tightening?

+1

Neither Brava or Macrolane will help with the laxity of the skin.   Brava is used to expand the tissues to create a breast augmentation result on a small scale.  The Macrolane is not approved in the US and it is used as a filler.

Neither BRAVA nor Macrolane will Lift Sagging Breasts

+1

Weight loss of any significance is associated with DEFLATION, much like a sudden stopping of the wind deflates a previously full sail resulting in folds and wrinkles. To get the best result, the answer is to remove as much of this excess skin and reshape the breast.

BRAVA - is a vacuum system worn for many weeks which sucks the breasts forward in large plastic chambers and brings about increased blood flow under the skin. It brings about a very moderate engorgement of the breasts but will NOT lift them at all. The system is used to prepare breasts for augmentation with fat transfer.

MACROLANE - is a filler which is NOT approved for use in the USA and anyone who injects it is violating US Federal laws. Even if it were approved, one would have to use massive amounts (with potentially massive complications) thereby changing small sagging breasts into larger sagging breasts.

The solution to very sagging breasts need to be customized for each woman. In general, a Breast Lift (Mastopexy) with or without implants would give the best results.

Don't do BRAVA or Macrolane for sagging breasts

+1

The idea of the BRAVA system as it is currently used is to stretch the skin and expand the breast tissue to supprt fat grafts. After weight loss, you have the opposite problem. Macrolane is a temporary filler (not available in the U.S.) so using it on breasts would mean having to repeat the injections on a regular basis, and constantly changing breast sizes as the material dissolves. A breast lift, with or without implants, is likely to be a much better choice for you.

Richard Baxter, MD

Sounds like you need a mastopexy

+1

Don't mess around with experimental untried stuff - sound like you need a plain old mastopexy. That can lift you and help you get the breasts you want.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Breast re-shapoing requires a mastopexy

+1

When you have lost 100 pounds there is a significant amount of lax skin present to make the breasts droopy.  Only by tailoring this out in a well performed mastopexy will you get a nice re-shaping of the breasts.  The other therapies you mention are inappropriate for this situation, only surgery applies.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS