I Use a Braun Oral B Electric Toothbrush and I Have 6 Veneers-is That Ok? Thank You

Oral B toothbrush with Porcelain Veneers

+1

Sure its fine to maintain porcelain veneers with an electric oral b toothbrush.  You can maintain them just like normal teeth.  Enjoy.  Dr. David Frey

Beverly Hills Cosmetic Dentist

Water floss

+1

Use a soft brush, at least twice a day, floss and then i recommend using Waterpick , water floss is a great idea but do not abuse from it and use it properly, just once a day.

German Arzate, DDS, MS
Mexico Cosmetic Dentist

Electric Toothbrush and Veneers

+1

I am not sure about Braun Electric Toothbrush, but I would think as long as you use a soft brush and follow the instructions, your veneers should be fine. A hard bristle brush and vigorous brushing can be hard on the gums. We use Rotadent in our practice. It has three ush heads and speeds. If you brush too hard, it will stop and let you know. It an ony be purchased in dental offices, I think it is the best for your gums.and not abrasive on the enamel or procelain veneers. I would continue with your Braun and be mindful of how hard you brush. Enjoy your veneers!

George Koutsoukos, DDS
Valencia Cosmetic Dentist

Braun Oral-B for maintaining veneers

+1

The Braun Oral B triumph is a great brush and it is one of the powered brushes that we recommend our patients use after cosmetic dentistry.  Enjoy the brush.

Leonard Tau, DMD
Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

I love the Braun Triumph

+1

You should have no worries at all with your toothbrush.  Mechanical toothbrushes take a lot of guesswork out of the technique to brushing teeth.  You are fine, just be sure to use it.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Softest works Best

+1

Any toothbrush is fine to use on your veneers.  However, you must be cautious when brushing at the gumline.  If the bristles of your toothbrush are too hard or abrasive or if you tend to use a lot of force when brushing, you run the risk of causing gum recession which could expose the margins of your veneers and the discolored root portion of your tooth.  Always try to use the softest toothbrush available to minimize the chances of causing tooth brush abrasion.  A softer toothbrush will also allow you to clean a larger surface area increasing efficiency and keeping yours gums nice and tight around your veneers.

Jimmy C. Wu, DDS
San Diego Cosmetic Dentist