Concerned that the bridge of my nose is too high. Could you advise if it is likely that the bridge will go down more than tip?

8 days PO. The nurse said that if I was happy with the shape after splint removal that's good because the shape wouldn't really change. I had a dorsal hump and now afterwards it doesn't look that different. Concerned because my surgeon suggested a slope and I didn't really want one so we agreed a slight slope and now thinking should I have just let him do what he thought. Most reviews state that they are happy with the bridge and concerned with the swelling at the tip. Could you advise if it is likely that the bridge will go down more than the tip?

Dorsal Hump

+2

Hi,

I can see why you are concerned. If the hump is hard when you touch it, it will probably stay that way. If it is soft, then it may decrease over time.

Dr.S.

+2

You are very early in the recovery process.

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.