Can Brachioplasty (Arm Lift) Scars (Incisions) Be Moved Several Years After Surgery?

My P/S admitted after my surgery that he had only done one other brachioplasty before. He placed the incisions on the middle back of my arms from the tip of the back of my elbow to the height of the back of my arm pit area. I have since seen arm lift incision placement drawings and B/A photos of correct brachioplasty incisions/scar placement. Can I get my incisions/scars moved to the correct position where they can't be readily seen from people standing behind me? San Francisco area.

Arm lift scars

+1

Brachioplasty incisions can be repositioned, depending on the amount of current skin laxity.  Also, I use laser treatments to improve the scar so that it is less noticeable. 

Brachioplasty scar placement

+1

Two accepted incisions for Brachioplasty are:

1. On inside of upper arm

2. Back of upper arm 

Both options have their own advantages and disadvantages.  However once the scar location has been chosen it can not be located to another site.  Your scar thus can not be moved now.  

Vasdev Rai, MD

Scar Revision After Brachioplasty

+1

Dear susiemann,

Prominent scars can often be improved, depending on a number of factors including  the size, location, thickness, color, and orientation of your scar, the nature of your skin, your health status, and your goals and expectations for treatment.

Treatment options include corticosteroid injection, laser and energy treatments, topical treatments, and scar revision. Scars can often be improved but some degree of scarring will persist.

Please see an experienced, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an evaluation and discussion of your concerns.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD

Larry Fan, MD