Crooked Canine Teeth - Will I Need Braces?

My top left canine tooth is a bit too far up in front and sometimes when I close my mouth or something I bite down on my lip and it hurts. Also my bottom tooth on the left side of my right canine it's crooked and hurts sometimes .. Half of it is behind the tooth to the left of it and the other half is moving a bit up more in front .. Would I need to get braces for just these two things ??

Braces, Invisalign, and Invisalign Teen to correct crowded teeth.

+1

Correction of the crowded teeth you describe may be done with either conventional braces or with the Invisalign system of clear, removable aligners. It is important to understand that teeth that are overlapped like this will continue to move further out of position. In many cases the rate of movement may accelerate and the direction of movement may change. For example, if lower front teeth become crowded the first movement is front-to-back so the teeth become overlapped. Then with time one or more lower front teeth will move upward. It is at this stage that many patients first become aware of the problem since the upward movement is more visible than overlapping.

Proper bite connection of the upper with the lower canine teeth is vitally important to future health of the teeth as well as the surrounding gum tissues and bone. Consult with an orthodontist to learn what you can expect in the future with and without correction.

Mercer Island Orthodontist

When teeth are in the wrong spot, orhto can move them

+1

Orthodontics is usually the best thing for misplaced teeth. Sometimes an alternative is porcelain veneers, but this can have some unwanted side effects. 

Find an experienced cosmetic dentist for advice specific to you and your goals.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist