Possible to Put Brace on Wisdom Tooth?
- Asked by gonza in California
- 3 years ago
Is it possible to get braces on a wisdom tooth and a second molar, only to close a space where a first molar was removed?
Braces to close missing molar space
By using TADs anchorage it may be possible to close your missing molar space. A TAD is a small screw that is placed in the jawbone to anchor the second and third molar braces.
- no bridge or implant or bone grafting procedure
- possible cost savings by avoiding need for multiple molar replacements over a lifetime
- no braces on the front teeth
- treatment time one to two years depending on rate of tooth movement and bite.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.