Can I Wear Braces After a Rhinoplasty?

Would braces after Rhinoplasty affect my bone structures while healing, since teeth do move with braces? How long should a person wait?

Should be ok to wear braces after Rhinoplasty

+2

I don't think that would be a problem at all. You might wait 6 weeks to allow your nose to heal so that they don't inadvertently lean over while working on your teeth and put pressure on your nose and accidentally move it or put pressure on it, but otherwise it should be fine.

Major orthognathic surgery such as maxillary advancement or Lefort osteotomy can profoundly change the septum and nose, and rhinoplasty should be delayed until after these surgeries for several months.

Braces after Rhinoplasty

+1

Braces will have no impact on the results of your rhinoplasty unless there is trauma to your nose with application of the devices, which is extremely unlikely. For piece of mind, wait 6 weeks.

Braces are okay after rhinoplasty

+1

Braces can be applied right after a rhinoplasty and have no impact at all with regards to the healing of the nasal bones or cartilage or tissues. It is probably a good idea to wait at least a month after the nose surgery to place orthodontics.