Braces Removed After a Month, Will Teeth Move Back to Exact Position?

I had to have my bottom braces removed as my tmj was so aggravated i was in agony, my orthodontist said they will move back (back being the operative word) to their original position. The ortho had moved them forward and top and bottom teeth clash together now. I saw the jaw dr today at the hospital and he said thats rubbish and they will not move back and basically my whole bite is now a complete mess and that he is really concerned about it. Research on google says teeth dont move in a backwards way.

Will teeth move back after braces?

+1

Most of the time teeth will just move back to where they were if extractions where not done and if the bite was not changed during treatment. But sometimes treatment can upset the bite balance to the point where things do not relapse to where they started

Saint Louis Orthodontist