Will Braces or Jaw Surgery Fix My Overbite?

I have a slight overbite and a receding chin. Will braces be able to help fix my overbite and receding chin? Or should I consider surgery to move my lower jaw forward?

Overbite and receeding chin

+2

chances are your overbite is caused by a small lower jaw and no orthodontic treatment has been shown to consistently "grow" lower jaws (of course if you are an adult you will get no changes at all).  Orthodontics might be able to fix your overbite and sometimes a chin implant can fix your profile...other times surgical lengthening of the lower jaw is necessary to get the teeth in the correct position and to correct the profile

Saint Louis Orthodontist