Braces Issue. Can I Get Invisalign for Just Bottom Set?

I had braces before but could not complete treatment due to lacerations on the inside of my cheek from habitually sleeping on the side of my face. I thought Invisalign would be a good choice since it's smooth, but I see here mentioned Invisalign would not be effective for single-set alignment. I only need the bottom set corrected due to impacted wisdom tooth eventually having an effect of crowding a central incisor inwards out of place. Can I still do Invisalign or would it be a waste?

Invisalign for lower teeth only

+1

It is certainly possible to move just the upper or just the lower teeth with Invisalign. It all depends on how your bite fits together. When you see an orthodontist for a consultation they will be able to let you know if that is something that can be done in your particular case.

New York Orthodontist

Invisalign for Bottom Teeth Only

+1

Yes, if the upper teeth are not in the way of moving the lower teeth, then you can have Invisalign for lower teeth only.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist