Braces or Invisalign For Crowding, Gaps, SnaggleTooth and Overbite? (photo)

I'm 22, crowding on the bottom teeth, and small gap and snaggle tooth at the top, and an overbite. Braces or invisalign? How long would treatment aprrox. take which one would generally be most cost effective?

Snaggle tooth again?

+1

Dear Enquirer, you have mild upper and lower crowding with a possible upper lip fraenum that sits between the front 2 teeth.

Invisalign can easily correct your problem but your upper front teeth look slightly curved in the middle and to get them to sit better would involve some slight enamel stripping.

Dr R Kumar BDSLDSRCS

London Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign?

+1

Thanks you for the photos! it is hard to see your back teeth but, with the ones provided you can do Invisalign. From mild cases of misaligned teeth and protruding teeth, to much more difficult orthodontic cases involving serious malocclusion, overbite, or underbite, Invisalign effectively corrects a wide variety of dental conditions. Whether your teeth are widely spaced, overly crowded or somewhere in between, Invisalign has an affordable teeth straightening option for you. Sure, there are other options out there for straightening your teeth, but none offers the level of comfort, convenience and confidence that you'll find with Invisalign. And no matter what stage you're at in life, you'll appreciate how our cutting-edge approach to treatment has minimal interference in how you live, but has a significant positive impact on how you look and feel about yourself.

Fairfax Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign a better option for mild crowding and spacing

+1

Based on your photos and without seeing the alignment of your back teeth, invisalign should meet your expectations.  It's important however that the way your back teeth touch (your bite) is comfortable and feels stable, and that you are not experiencing any jaw joint pain or noise.  You should consult an orthodontist or a dentist familiar with bite and jaw joint problems.  Good luck!

Columbus Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign vs Braces

+1

In general, straightening teeth is what Invisalign is good at.  It is sometimes not as effective as braces at correcting overbites.  To determine what will work well for you you should see an orthodontist.  Aligning your teeth should take about a year with either approach, but if your overbite is extensive, fully correcting it might take a bit longer.  Fees vary so much across the country that I'd suggest just getting an exam with several doctors in your area to get a feel for fees.

Seattle Orthodontist

A good exam is important!

+1

Your last photo reveals a class II bite. This means that the upper teeth are a full tooth forward of the lower teeth. You would need to confirm this with an exam and orthodontist records.

To fix a class II bite it might be necessary to extract one or two teeth depending on the diagnosis. You can still fix the problem with Invisalign if you wish. In closing the extraction site, roots of teeth adjacent to the extraction site might not be parallel and might possibly need to upright the teeth with braces for a few months at the end of Invisalign treatment.

It would be wise to consult an orthodontist.

Springfield Orthodontist

Invisalign vs Braces

+1

Great photos!

Of course, no dentist can make a complete diagnosis online, it sure looks like Invisalign would work for you in about a year.

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Braces or Invisalign for a 22 year old?

+1

Either options would work.  That being said, if I were 22 years old, I would choose invisalign.  The aligners are clear and no one can   tell you are wearing braces. You can brush and floss easily since the aligners are removable. Your oral hygiene will be much better because of this.  My suggestion to you is to consult with an orthodontist as well as your general dentist and see what they say.  If one says braces and the other says invisalign,  see one more dentist or orthodontist and maybe you will have more information on which would be the correct procedure for you!

Valencia Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign vs braces

+1

I do agree that there is no substitute for an actual EXAM by your doctor, but from looking at the pictures, either braces or invisalign will work for you.Braces usually work faster and the treatment cost can be $1000 less than invisalign. so depending on your priorities, you can choose what works best for you!

San Diego Orthodontist

Invisalign vs Braces

+1

You are a perfect patient for either type of orthodontics.  Invisalign may be slightly more expensive but is great for young adults.  The treatment time will vary based on which type of orthodontics you decide on.  In our area, your Invisalign would be 4500-5500.  It would take slightly over a year to have beautiful straight teeth!!!

Houston Cosmetic Dentist

Full orthodontic diagnosis impossible from an online consultation

+1

While we all want to help, there really is no substitute for a visit with a dentist or orthodontist for a clinical examination.  I CAN say that Invisalign is likely a good option here, but as far as how long or how much, that would require a visit to the clinician.

Web reference: http://www.DrTimmerman.com

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist