Braces for Adult with Overbite and Overcrowding?

I am 42 years old and have overcrowded teeth (I have all of my wisdom teeth; their eruption pushed all other teeth together), resulting in frequent cleanings as many are too tightly packed to properly floss between. I also have a significant overbite. Would traditional braces help with this, without having to resort to surgery?

Can braces avoid surgery in a case of crowding and overbite?

+1

In most cases braces will work well to correct the problems you mention.  Even in cases where a full correction of the overbite is not possible with braces, you can probably obtain a significant improvement.  Make an appointment to visit an experienced orthodontist to get a good sense of what can be accomplished in your case.

Seattle Orthodontist