Will Braces Work to Fix Teeth Spacing? (photo)

I am a sophomore in high school and I am very self-conscious of my teeth, I don't smile in any pictures and I cover my mouth when I laugh. I have spacing problems on my upper teeth only. Around how much would braces cost to fix this problem? How long would I have them on for?

A case like your is one of the most rewarding we do.

+3

These kinds of cases are nice, because they are usually straight forward and you are motivated to comply - so treatment goes well.  It is difficult to tell from just this one photograph how long it would take and how much it would cost, but many orthodontists offer complimentary consultations so you can get a good idea.  If the overall bite is fine (no large overbite, no lower crowding, etc.) than your case might even take a year or less.  You also might have several options about the type of braces.  One I would strongly consider because of your age is Incognito. These are invisible and customized for just your teeth, so treatment can be quite efficient.  See my link below for a bit more information.

Web reference: http://depewsmiles.com/Treatment/Incognito3M.aspx

Atlanta Orthodontist