How Long to Wear Braces for Few Crooked Teeth?

I only have a few crooked teeth and the orthodontist said they would straighten out. How long do I have to have braces for if I only have 2 or 3 crooked teeth?

A few crooked teeth may need more extensive work than you think!

+1

First of all, I have had many patients come to my office and say, I just want this one tooth corrected or may just a couple corrected. It then turned out to be much more complicated to correct.  Be wary of unintended consequences.  It is up to the specialist to check out the whole situation.  That means a thorough evaluation should be completed, which would include an analysis of the teeth looking for wear patterns, and checking for things like TMJ Dysfunction or even posture problems related to teeth problems.  It is relatively easy to straighten one or even many teeth, but the long term result including stability and function are very  important and should not be ignored.  Be wary of an easy fix and get another opinion just to be sure.

Denver Orthodontist

6 Month Braces

+1

There is a method called "6 Month Ortho" that was developed for JUST this purpose.  The average case takes around 4-8 months. If you aren't trying to change the bite and a few other limitations, this may be the best choice for you.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist