Braces Causing Anxiety?

I had braces put on four days ago and they are causing me horrible anxiety. My orthodontist said he could take them off for an additional fee but it could damage my teeth. He would not go into detail about what damage it may cause... could this cause serious issues? Thanks!

ANXIETY FROM BRACES? I HAVE SEEN IT.

+1

I had a patient who said he had been in the military in a submarine when they were depth charged and said he had claustrophobia issues from it.  We put braces on at 10:00 am one morning an I took them off at 10:00 pm that night.

We gave him his money back and there was no damage to the teeth.  It cost us the work and supplies but I don't think the patient should be forced to keep them on if they don't want to.

Phoenix Orthodontist

Braces and anxiety

+1

Anxiety can be caused by many things...If you really need orthodontic treatment than maybe you should try and tough it out...I certainly would seek help from a mental health professional.

As to the damage to your teeth from early removal...this doesn't seem right as all braces eventually have to be removed and we do this without damage

Robert Waxler, DMD, MS
Saint Louis Orthodontist