To Get Braces or Not to Get Braces: Second Round For My Teeth? (photo)

I had braces when I was 17, I had them for a total of 2 1/2 years. I of course like many did not heed the advice of my ortho and get my wisdom teeth extracted or wear my retainer. The pickle i'm in now was caused by me and me alone, It's been 6 years since i got my braces off and my teeth have moved a lot. I have yet to get my wisdom teeth extracted but after those get taken out what kinda of time frame do you think i would be looking at to correct my slant and what treatments would work best?

TEETH MOVED AFTER BRACES, WHAT TO DO?

+1

Go back to see your orthodontist who did your work.  Fess up and tell him what happened and ask what to do.  It may not be too difficult from what I could see in photo BUT after you get it fixed this time DON'T fail to wear your retainers.  Just to make sure, I would recommend a bonded in permanent fixed lower retainer that you can't forget and can't lose, because you can't take out,  Don't worry, he has seen plenty of cases like this already so he won't be surprised.

Phoenix Orthodontist

Shifted and slanted teeth after orthodontics

+1

Current research shows that extraction of your wisdom teeth alone won't prevent relapse post orthodontic treatment.  Proper retainer wear is the only way to ensure stablity of the teeth.  That being said, you have various options to correct your smile depending on the results desired. Your best bet is to go see a local orthodontist for a consultation to discuss these options (consultations are usually free).  I would also recommend seeing your general dentist because in the photo it looks like you have a "black traingle"  between your top two front teeth which can sometimes be an indication of periodontal disease.

Coral Springs Orthodontist

+1

You describe shifted and slanted teeth, but it is difficult to access this with the photo you submitted.  I can only guess that your problem is not severe and may be handled with braces or Invisalign.  We retreat many people who had previous orthodontics and didn't follow through with good retainer ware.  Many of these can be successfully treated with Invisalign.  You will have to check it out with a local orthodontist.  Good luck.

Denver Orthodontist