Braces Being Put Back on?

My girls braces were remved 6 mnths ago noticed that 1 tooth shifted and they were unable to fix with adjust retainer. She wore her's all the tim so did not happen because she didn't wear them. Had to fight to get him to fix w/out rechrg for braces again. I paid 6,000 with braces/expander. Is it right tht he will only allow her 6 months for teeth to correct and then begin charging me 100.00 there after if nec. Is this really how it shoud behandled. Pls adv me i feel this is really bad bus. Thnks

No charge for cooperative patient

+1

If what you say about your treatment  is as described, then I think it is unusual for your doctor to charge these additional fees.  Minor corrections after brace removal are not uncommon, so doctors I am aware of would not charge additional for a patient who followed their instructions.  If everyone is happy with a result, life is so much better for all.

Denver Orthodontist

No charge

+1

Hello sillyface,

those things happen with orthodontics once in awhile... the best thing for your Dr to do is to retreat you at no charge ( that is what i do in my office) and possibly do a BONDED retainer if possible to prevent further tooth movement

Mojdah Akhavan, DDS
San Diego Orthodontist

Retreatment .... should I be charged

+1

Well, all I can say is that I would never charge a patient in the situation you described.  IF SHE WORE HER RETAINERS AS PRESCRIBED THEN NO FEE SHOULD BE CHARGED TO GET THINGS RIGHT.

Read your contract...maybe this situation is covered

sorry...things like this give dentistry a bad name

Robert Waxler, DMD, MS
Saint Louis Orthodontist