300cc + 450cc Saline Implants - What Bra Size Will I Be?

Hello. if I currently have about 300 cc's of my own breast tissue and will be receiving 450 cc saline implants around what bra size would the final result be? Also my surgeon said it should be fine, but would there be a high chance of rippling?

300cc + 450cc Saline Implants - What Bra Size Will I Be

+2

depends on what size you wear now, 32, 34, 36, etc- as the cup size varies on the chest size.  If you wear a B cup now you will likely be a D or DD.  The chance for rippling is higher with saline than silicone.  Be sure that you and your surgeon choose a profile that matches the diameter of your own breast if you are going that large.  Good luck!

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

What cup size will I be with 450cc implant

+2

In an patient with average chest wall measurements, a cup size increase is approximately 125-150cc.  Therefore, you can expect a 3 cup size increase with 450cc implants if you are an average framed patient.    Based on your pictures, you appear to be a full B or small C currently, I would expect you to be a DD with this implant choice.    

Remember also, a similar profile saline implant will appear fuller than a silicone implant.    I recommend that you visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to perform detailed measurements and give you an accurate estimate of your desired outcome.

Paul S. Gill, MD

Bra Size after breast implants

+2

This is very commonly asked question: what size bra will I be wearing after breast augmentation? It is hard to tell without examining you in person.  In order to better predict your breast size post-op, I would need to examine you, find out your breast width, weight and height; this is hard to tell based on your photos.  If you have about 300cc of your breast tissue and receive 450cc implants, you will most likely be about size D or DD.  However, please remember that different bra companies will have different sizing. Try not to concentrate on bra size and think about whether you would be happy with certain implant sizes.  Good luck to you.

Sugene Kim, MD

300cc + 450cc implants - what bra size will I be?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, lift, etc). I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width.

Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Estimating Cup Size with Breast Implants

+1

Patients do quite a bit of research on the internet and often see me with an idea of what size implant they desire. However, it is difficult for a patient to know the true dimensions of the internet patient's chest, their ribcage shape, chest circumference, and other factors important to know in predicting cup size.

In general, about 200 cc is an average volume in what a thin woman with a 34 inch chest circumference with your amount of breast tissue would need to gain a cup size. I would recommend a lower profile implant based on your breast tissue separation.  I predict, that in your case, a 450 cc implant with a likely overfill will offer you a DD.   Are you sure you desire to be that large?   Best wishes!

Stephen Bresnick, MD

Bra size after augmentation?

+1

The more breast surgery I do the more I realize that there is no correlation between the size of implant and resulting cup size.  This may have to do with several factors including: the amount of breast volume the patient starts with, the shape of the patient's chest wall (concave or convex), the type and model of breast implant selected (saiine/silicone  and low/moderate/high profile), bra  manufacturer variance  in cup sizes, the  degree  of filling of the cup  with breast tissue,  and the subjective differences in patients perceptions of cup size. 
Much of the final “look” achieved after breast augmentation surgery  depends on several factors:
1. The initial shape, size (volume of breast tissue), symmetry of the patient's breasts. In general, the better the  preoperative breast appearance the more likely the breast augmentation “look” will be optimal.
2. The experience/skill level of the surgeon is important in determining the final outcome. For example, the accurate and gentle dissection of the breast implant pockets are critical in producing  long-term  well-placed breast implants. I personally think that these 2 factors are more important than any others, including type (saline or silicone)  or model (low/moderate/high profile)  of implant.
3. The type of implant used may  determine the final outcome, especially if the patient does not have significant covering breast or adipose tissue. For example, some surgeons feel that silicone implants have a more natural look and feel than saline implants because silicone gel has a texture that is similar to breast tissue. Each patient differs in the amount of breast tissue that they have.  If a patient has enough breast tissue to cover the implant, the final result will be similar when comparing saline implants versus silicone gel implants.  If a patient has very low body fat and/or very little breast tissue, the silicone gel implants may provide a more "natural" result.
On the other hand, saline implants have some advantages over silicone implants. Silicone implant ruptures are harder to detect. When saline implants rupture, they deflate and the results are seen almost immediately. When silicone implants rupture, the breast often looks and feels the same because the silicone gel may leak into surrounding areas of the breast without a visible difference.  Patients may need an MRI to diagnose a silicone gel rupture.   Saline implants are also less expensive than the silicone gel implants.
Other differences involve how the breast implants are filled. Saline implants are filled after they’re implanted, so saline implants require a smaller incision than prefilled silicone breast implants.
On May 10, 2000, the FDA granted approval of saline-filled breast implants manufactured by Mentor Corporation and McGhan Medical. To date, all other manufacturers’ saline-filled breast implants are considered investigational.
As of 2006, the FDA has approved the use of silicone gel implants manufactured by the Mentor Corporation and Allergan (formerly McGhan) for breast augmentation surgery for patients over the age of 22.
4. The size and model of breast implant used may  make a  significant difference in the final outcome. Therefore, it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Bra size after breast augmentation.

+1

Size is a complex decision that is not only based upon your height, weight and current cup/bra size but ALSO on also on your breast diameter, waist, shoulder, and skin envelope measurements. These can only be assessed in person during a consultation.

Breast augmentation

+1

It is difficult to predict the bra size after an augmentation but you probably would go up 2 cup sizes or more, but this is also based upon your height weight and general body habitus..