What Size Should I Choose? (34A, 5'3", 113lb)

Hello Everyone. I want to do a breast augmentation but I am not sure what size is perfect for me. I want a big size but I am not sure until which size I can go up but something that looks natural with my bady. My weigh is 113 pounds, I am 5.3 inches. I'm wide hips and legs. My current breast is 34A but that is because I have broad shoulders. Thanks

Implant Selection Process

+1

Generally speaking, the bigger the implants, the higher the risk of complications.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Breast implant size selection

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Breast implant sizing

+1

t is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Breast augmentation, breast implants, cosmetic surgery

+1

This is a very good question.  I make measurements of the current base diameter of the breast and long with each patient try understand how they would like appear.  We do this by reviewing previous augmentation patients with similar heights, weights and body styles.  I will not put ecessively large implants in any patient.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

Picking the Right Implant Size for Your Breast

+1

You have asked a very common, but important question.

I am glad you have chosen a natural look for your body.  The only way to obtain a natural look is to pick an implant which fits comfortably within the height and width of your chest area.  In some cases, the breast fold can be lowered to accommodate a larger implant as long as the implant fits comfortably within the width of your chest.  This happens commonly in patients who have a wide, but short chest.

Try the implants with a bra in front of a mirror.  This is the best way of approximating how the implant will look on you.

Good Luck.

Michael A. Jazayeri, MD
Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

Implant sizing

+1

Sizing breast implants for augmentation requires combing a patient's goals for surgery with their breast anatomy. Several dimensions of the breast are measured which gives a range of implants that would be concealed "naturally" within the breast. From these implants, a size and shape is chosen to meet the goals of the patient. Keep in mind that the larger the implant is in relation to the amount of breast tissue you have, the less "natural" and more "augmented" you will look. Choosing implants that do not fit your breasts usually results in issues such as rippling, malposition, and a dissatisfied patient. I recommend that you consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an evaluation of what would work for you.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Ideal size post breast aug

+1

Determining  size for a breast aug depends on the amount of tissue you have at the time.It is not an exact science .I usually will have several sizes of implants with me at the operating table and put in sizes to see what gives nice cleavage and nice fullness without screaming breast aug.I try to make my patients as big as I can but still look natural.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Sizing

+1

I recommend, actually insist, that you see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area who specializes in breast surgery He or she will perform a physical exam, measure your chest/breast and make recommendations for you based on this exam. It is very important to understand the process will be a bit labor intensive on your part and you may need to size yourself a number of times before surgery (you may even want to see more than one surgeon and size yourself in both/ all offices you visit.

I size my patients in the office after I examine them and determine their approximate size from the measurements I take. I have my nurses size the patients with a sports bra as well as a 3D imaging computer which lets the patients see their own pics before and after the computer performs surgery on them...painlessly! This really helps, so maybe a good Idea to also seek out a surgeon who uses 3D technology to help you along.

Hope this helps!

Dr. C

johnconnorsmd.com

John Philip Connors III, MD, FACS

Right size implants

+1

Your surgeon should discuss this carefully with you.  I believe the best results are in women whose goal is to be more proportionate.  It should look like the implants "fit".  There is also a lower risk of long term complications, and reoperations with the appropriate size implant.

David A. Lickstein, MD

What Size Implant

+1

As you can read from the previous posters, IT IS A VERY PERSONAL DECISION! Seek in person opinions from boarded surgeons in your area.From MIAMI Dr. darryl J. Blinski 305 598 0091