What's my Bra Size? Could I Get a Reduction?

hello , im an 18 yr old female. im 5 foot 3 inches, 139-140 lbs,, and im wondering what bra size i am i know it varies from doctor to doctor, but heres my measurements anyway... i am about 37inches around my bust , 29underneath mybreasts. i have scoliosis and im starting to suspect that my condition would become better if i got a reduction. right now i wear a 34d-38d ..... depends on the style. i tried a bra size calculator and it seemed wrong, 32f?? anyways, ALL insight is appreciated :)

Breast Reduction Candidate?

+1

Based on your description of cup size and symptoms you may be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery. It would be in your best interest to first be evaluated by your primary care physician and spine doctor  to rule out other causes of your symptoms. Once this has been done consult with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.

Bra size and reduction

+1

Without an exam it qwould be hard to say whether you are a candidate or not. If your breasts are quite large and you get back, neck shoulder, pain you may be a candidate.

Bra size and breast reduction

+1

Bra sizing is quite a dilemma.  You and most will have already found that bra size varies with manufacturer.  Some companies tend to exaggerate the size to give consumers more confidence and return to purchasing their product.  A reasonable goal is to focus on what is proportional for you and to not worry about the actual number or cup size.  Try several on, and what fits well will suit you. People often seek a breast reduction for symptoms such as back pain, shoulder grooving, a rash beneath the breast, etc.  If you are suffering these symptoms, a reduction may be an option.  Your doctor will be able to determine from a physical exam whether this procedure will benefit you.

Good luck

Jason R. Hess, MD

CLICK LINK BELOW: Instructions for bra cup size

+1

I have included a link to a page on how to determine cup size below. This can vary depending on the bra style and manufacturer.

Bra size, trial and error

+1

Determining proper bra size today has become even harder than ever, especially in the US with the introduction of vanity sizing. The best fit today comes from specialty fitters such as those at Nordtroms or other fine department stores. Most women will choose a bra by trial and error, and often settle for what they can find. Style and cost are a huge factor for most. Typically an individual seeking breast reduction will wear a bra two cup sizes smaller than their true size, though again in the US the 'true size' will vary by manufacturer.

peterejohnsonmd

Bra size

+1

Definition of bra size is the measurement of the chest circumference under the breast (29) and the difference in inches converted to letters (1 inch = 1letter) between the largest circumference of the breast (at the nipple) and the chest circumference. In your case, it is 37-29= 8 = G. Of course what you find in a lingerie shop will be different for different manufacturers.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD