What Bra Size Will I End After a Breast Reduction? I Am a DD Cup. (photo)

I am 27yrs. old and I am 36 DD I will get the surgery the 22 of this month. The doctor will remove 350g in the right side and 500g in the left side. Can some one tell me what size of bra I will end after surgery? Thanks!

Reduction final cup size

+1

It is very difficult to estimate the final cup size because each bra is a bit different.  Weight removed depends upon the final goal and the weight itself can depend upon the quality of the breast tissue removed. Those that have a higher percentage of breast tissue will usually be heavier.

Breast Reduction And Bra Size

+1

A functional breast reduction covered by health insurance is generally performed to remove enough breast weight so symptoms associated with large breasts are improved or relieved. The surgeon is obligated to remove a minimum amount of weight from each breast. Currently it is difficult to correlate the amount of breast tissue removed with post-operative bra size. Bra size depends on who does the fitting, the bra manufacterer, style preferences and other factors that are not standardized. Discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon.

David S. Motoki, MD
Draper Plastic Surgeon

+1

Thanks fpr posting the photo. My gues is a full C cup to small D cup. But after you heal gives us a follow up with photos. Thanks and best to you. 

Cup Size after Breast Reduction?

+1

Congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery; it is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

Unfortunately, there is no direct correlation between the amount of tissue removed and the ultimate cup size that a patient will wear after breast reduction surgery. I'm sure your plastic surgeon also informed you that the weights to be removed on each side are only estimations.

Before undergoing the breast reduction procedure it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” etc. means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. ‚Ä®Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

Generally, I advise patients undergoing breast reduction surgery to go small enough to alleviate symptoms related to breast hypertrophy as much as possible while retaining as much breast tissue as necessary to maintain proportionality between the upper and lower torso.