What Procedure Will Remove my Bra Overhang?

I'm 30yrs old, 5'5" and 125lbs. I have excess fat/bra overhang near my armpits that doesn't go away with exercise. My friend is a plastics P.A. and told me that her surgeon doesn't lipo this area b/c the skin can die or become saggy. Are there any procedures that can be effective in this area... such as SmartLipo, Zoltiq, Vaser or Zerona? Or is it possible to use traditional lipo? Which is best? Thanks

Excessive Tissue upper lateral chest

+2

Treatment of this area would be best accomplished with liposuction. I generally avoid laser lipolysis in this area and perform traditional tumescent liposuction. Using the laser in this area can increase risk to nerves and is not necessary. Your findings are subtle, and many women would choose not to treat, but it could be treated if bothersome.

Burley Facial Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction on underarm bra overhang fat

+1

Standard tumescent liposuction can work well on this area for some women but there are times when the results are not as impressive as desired because there is not that much fat and the skin is just "folded" and aggressive energies with Smart lipo or Vaser could cause complications if just skin is involved. The process of doing liposuction, even if there is not that much fat removed, can induce collagen formation and the skin can retract to some degree.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Lipo of lateral upper chest

+1

Certainly the area away from the breast towards the armpit can be liposuctioned. I will often use traditional lipo for this region.