If I take a bra to a consultation will this help? (photo)

If I take a non padded bra of the size that I would want to be would this help the surgeon? I see many people coming out with a size they do not want and this may be to do with different high street shops having different measurements. However, if I go into a shop and look through the bras then buy one of the size that I would like my boobs to fill would this help the surgeon on how big I would like my breasts to be?

Always bring a non-padded bra for breast augmentation consultation

+2
Thank you for your question.  Yes you are correct it is important to bring a non-padded bra to your consultation for breast augmentation.  This will allow the surgeon to place different sizes of breast implant sizers into the bra so you can evaluate how you will look with various sizes.

The Rice test is a testing may also use and the privacy of your own home and is described in the link below.

Breast augmentation size

+2
An easier thing to do, is to fill up baggies with a measured volume of water or rice. When you place the bra on, put the full bags inside and see if you like the volume. Then discuss with your doctor the approximat volume you would like so that  he can see if this is appropriate for you.

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
Bras, bags of rice, and imaging are all ways to guess your bra size after surgery, none of them will predict your breast shape and contour, the best thing to do is find a surgeon you trust

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

BBA

+1
It can be helpful.  A thorough sizing session will be best.  See a BC PS in your area.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Implant size selection.

+1

Greetings,

We try to simplify implant size selection during a breast enlargement consultation by providing our patient with try-on bras and a range of try-on implants sizes.

The size range offered to the patient is based upon chest/breast measurements, breast shape, available breast tissue, and skin looseness/tightness (among other factors).

You can then look in the mirror with the try-on implants and have a very good idea of the size you are comfortable with....  

After your surgery, you can find bras that fit your new self-selected image.

Best Regards,

Douglas J. Raskin, MD, DMD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon