Can a bra cause my breasts to shape differently? (photo)

I had 275 cc mentor under and breast lift 12 days ago. For some reason, I didn't understand why my right breast was in so much pain. Today, when I looked in the mirror, there is a bent on the lower right. So I stopped wearing the bra given by the doctor. Do I really have to wear a bra and will my breast come back what it should be after surgery? I'm afraid my right breast will never be shape in the correct form.

Can a bra cause my breasts to shape differently?

+1
Please call and see you surgeon ASAP to check on the issue you are posting about. A Bra should not be causing this issue... 

Difficulty with right breast

+1
Your pain on the Right may be related to the blood supply to your breast tissue. You should contact your surgeon as soon as possible. I agree with Dr Dembny that there seems reason for concern

David Janssen, MD, FACS
Oshkosh Plastic Surgeon

Changing Breast Shape After Augmentation & Lift

+1

I see your concern in the photograph. Additional pictures would be helpful for reference and symmetry. It is best that you address this concern with your surgeon. If you are having a lot of pain in the right breast then s/he should know that. The bra is helpful for compression and support. Compression can help reduce swelling and support provides comfort. If the bra you have is not comfortable then my recommendation would be to find one that is; but again, discuss this with your surgeon.

The skin tightening associated with breast lifts and the subsequent swelling following surgery can sometimes produce breast shapes that appear a bit odd or misshapen. Given time, for swelling reduction and tissue relaxation, the breasts can go on to assume a very normal pleasing shape. Your surgeon should be able to provide additional information in this regard since s/he knows the details of your pre-op appearance, your procedure, and the expectations.

Best wishes, Ken Dembny

Kenneth Dembny, II, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon