I know bra brands vary in cup sizes, but approximately how much increased cup size will I get? (photo)

I am a 36-A (USA) bra size (around breast measurement=37 inches, underneath breast measurement=31.5 inches). I am 5 ft 1 in height, and weight around 126 lb. I am soon going to get implants, Allergan, Soft-Touch Naturelle, High Profile, 345cc, sub-muscular placement. Roughly how much bigger cup size will I go?

I know bra brands vary in cup sizes, but approximately how much increased cup size will I get? M

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance.  However, the increase you state should give you a 1-2 cup size increase. 

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, lift, etc). I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width.

Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Ways to predict cup size in breast augmentation

+1
Thank you for your question and photos. There is no exact formula that can be used to estimate cup size after surgery. There are some general "rough guidelines" that we use. For example, in a smaller breast, A or B cup, adding 150-200cc is about a cup size. This is not exact and each woman starts with a different volume breast. From your photos, it appears that you are a bit larger than an "A" cup and may find that a 345cc implant gets you a bit larger than a D cup. Best of luck to you.

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Bra size increase with implants

+1
Bra sizes vary very widely with different manufacturers.  One reference value that is sometimes used is an increase in a cup size for every 150cc of volume.  So you would likely increase by slightly more than 2 cups sizes.  

Gaurav Bharti, MD
Johnson City Plastic Surgeon